Please translate a couple of sentences for me.

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by Raphael, Jun 20, 2005.

1. Raphael

Raphael Member

Hello to all members and a good day!

Could somebody please translate the following couple of sentences for me please?
    My Czech is still very basic, and after trying to translate, I got even more confused.

"A vzpominala jsem celou dobu a protoze jesem nemohla nic, drzela jsem to v sobe. Potom jsem to sve trapeni prenesla do obrazu. Nekdo se mych obrazu boji, jinym se libi a nektere jsem musela dat."

I would be really pleased for a translation!
    Thank you very much in advance!
    All the best to all board members!

2. Raphael

Raphael Member

Hello to everybody!

Could the translation be the following?

"And I had thought of... (somebody?) the whole time and because I could not do nothing, I had held it back to me. After that I had transfered this torture (?) into a picture. Somehow my picture makes me afraid, on one hand I liked it and on the other hand I had to let it go."

Especially I have problems with the expression "jsem nemohla nic" and "jsem musela dat".

Please let me know if I am totally mistaken with this translation or what a better translation would be.

Thank you very much!

3. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

"And I was reminiscing all the time and as there was nothing I could do, I kept it for myself. Then, I put my grief into paintings. Some people are scared by my paintings, others like them, and I had to donate some of them."

4. Raphael

Raphael Member

Good evening! Especially to JANA!

Thank you very much for the translation!!! I knew that I got confused when I tried to translate it bymyself!!!! :?

Thanks a lot again!
    Otherwise I would have been completly lost... :oops: :D