pope

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by ursula, Apr 3, 2005.

1. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

what do you think are the chances of miloslav vlk the cardinal of prague to be eected pope? i wouldnt mind him, i like his cture. of course im lutheran, non practicig, agnostic almost atheist. why do i care, i dont know. but i always liked john paul II even though i didnt agree with his views on many things. my husband says im reactonary. and damn proud of it.
    ursula

2. Jirka

Jirka Well-Known Member

Hi Ursula,

I don't care about anything to do with religions or churches myself, but I read that Miloslav Cardinal Vlk (sic -- see http://www.catholic-hierarchy.org/bishop/bvlk.html) says theoretically he could be elected the new Pope, but practically he is standing no chances at all...

Jirka Bolech

3. usak

usak Well-Known Member

Well any Cardinal could be the new Pope. I Guess you have to be popular with other Cardinals. :lol: Im going to start making t shirts and buttons that say Vote for Miloslav. " Miloslav offers you his protection" :lol: :lol:

4. holger

holger Active Member

Vlk the next one :) Funny idea. If yes, he has only chances like any other. But in fact any bishop even priest could be elected pope (but has to be ordinated to the next higher level)... But would be cool: first one polish, than one czech... I think Vatican is a bit different structured.

5. ursula

ursula Well-Known Member

i also think it would be cool to have a czech pope, or a black or spanish american one. the italians have had it their way for too long.
    ursula

6. usak

usak Well-Known Member

Are most of you Czechs Catholic? I am and just curious.