Prague Honeymoon Hotels

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by eyesmax, Jan 16, 2006.

1. eyesmax

eyesmax Well-Known Member

Hi all,
    :D

Me and my wife are coming in mid of Feb t spend our honeymoon :wink: in Prague.

It’s my 2nd visit to Prague and I know things about it.
    I remember last summer I so a hotel called "U Prince" it's in old town square. I think it's very good place. But I have a problem that I didn't see the rooms if it's clean and good ones.

Did any one of you know something about this hotel and its staff?

And if some one knows another hotel to be in honeymoon mod, please advice me.

2. Rommie

Rommie Well-Known Member

Hi!

My best wishes and nice honeymoon :D
    Here: http://www.hoteluprince.cz/

Hope it´s what you were lookin for :wink:

Edit by site admin: linked to hotel website

3. eyesmax

thank you Rommie,

last week I sent an e-mail to the hotel and they gave me as I think a very good price. and I have no problem with that. but I'm looking for some one who has experience with them.

4. Howard

Howard Active Member

Some friends of mine and their collegues stayed there for three days just before christmas. They didn't have any complaints and didn't regret choosing the place.

I chose Hotel Aria instead when I travelled with my wife last year. It's on the other side of Vltava and is a superb hotel.

Regards

5. eyesmax

Thank you Howard for you input.
    I became comfortable more...so I decide to try three hotels:

4 nights in Radisson SAS
    6 nights in U Prince
    3 nights in Hoffmister

Do you think it's a good idea?

6. Howard

Howard Active Member

I've stayed at SAS Raddisson several times some years ago, and had no complaints. It has high standard and good service, but is very much a business hotel in my opinion. It's immediate surroundings aren't as good as U Prince/Aria etc. either in my opinion.

I've never stayed at Hoffmeister.

Regards

7. eyesmax

So, you think it's not a good idea to go to Radisson SAS for my honey moon. :)

it's ok I have onther one called Nosticova
    I think it's good one.

8. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

The Radisson SAS is not in a nice location. It is near the top of Wenceslas Square on Štěpánská Street in the New Town. The street is busy and doesn't have much character. There also used to be (and maybe still is) some construction going on near the Radisson.

The Hoffmeister is at a very strange location. It's right at the lower bend of Chotkova Street, which is the street with tram tracks that goes up to the Castle from the Malostranská metro station. Several trams pass right by the hotel, literally within steps from the main entrance. It's a rather nondescript area and there's nothing much in the immediate vicinity of the hotel, so it looks isolated. The hotel facilities and services may be superb, but I wouldn't want to stay there on my honeymoon.

I have stayed at the Residence Nosticova and liked it a lot, but this was many years ago. It's a pretty location, and quiet, yet a mere 3-minute walk from a tram stop. I would consider it.

9. eyesmax

Thank you Dana,

Loool I got confused.

Why don’t you do a hotels plan for me? “If you like”
    What I’m looking for : some thing nearby metro station and the price shouldn’t be more than 150 Euro per a night for 13 nights.

I would be happy for that

10. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I will third the opinion about the Radisson SAS location. I stayed in an apartment on Štěpánská - very convenient, nice place but not a honeymoon location. You should have magic on your honeymoon and location can be a big part of it. Congratulations and good luck.

11. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I recommend you focus on the Old Town and Lesser Town. Those are beautiful historical areas with lots of character. You'll never be too far from a metro station, to which you can either walk or take a tram.

You can browse the My Czech Republic hotel database to find suitable hotels. Below are a few that I selected. They are all in very nice, central locations. As I mentioned in my previous post, I have stayed at the Residence Nosticova. Some friends of mine were also happy with it. I don't have personal experience with the other three hotels, but they are all very well reviewed by guests who have stayed there.

Ventana Hotel Prague
    Celetná 7, Old Town, EUR 145 / night with breakfast
    A 5-star hotel in a very convenient location right near the Old Town Square. Lots of tourists, but no traffic in the immediate area. You can walk to the following metro stations: Náměstí Republiky (B), Můstek (A/B), Staroměstská (A).

Hotel Iron Gate
    Michalská 19, Old Town, EUR 145 / night with breakfast
    A nice location close to the Old Town Square. A lot less touristy than Celetná and still very central. You can walk to the following metro stations: Můstek (A/B), Staroměstská (A).

Residence Nosticova
    Nosticova 1, Lesser Town, EUR 165 / night without breakfast
    A romantic, quiet location within a short walk to Charles Bridge and the picturesque Kampa Island. Breakfast: 9 EUR / person / day. There is a tram stop near the hotel from where you can take a tram to the following metro stations: Malostranská (A), Národní třída (B), Anděl (B).

MaMaison Pachtuv Palace
    Karolíny Světlé 34, Old Town, EUR 179 / night without breakfast
    A very luxurious hotel in a quiet location. Breakfast: 10 EUR / person / day. There are two tram stops nearby (National Theatre) and the Národní třída metro station (B) within a reasonable walking distance.

I don't know the dates of your stay, so you'll have to look up to see if the hotels have rooms available in the period in which you'll be in Prague. It is an off season, so you shouldn't have a problem finding a room.

Have a great time and congratulations!

Dana

12. eyesmax

I would like to say a big thanks to you all for your interest in me inquiry. You helped my all.
    Dana,
    A special thanks for you, I appreciate that for you. I got a good idea.
    :D :D :D :D :D