print friendly version and email this

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by gypzy, Apr 30, 2007.

1. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

I have been playing around on seznam and did searches for my ancestors hometown, Nosalov. I still can't read the articles well, but obviously I can look at pictures. I saw really gorgeous pictures of the town, buildings and surrounding areas. What do I look for if I want to email the picture or article. Becuase when I right click with the mouse it only emails one pic at a time. Some sites have more than one pretty picture.
    Also if I want to print something without all the ad junk what do I look for to click to just see the article or paragraph so I can get translation. I don't want to have to print so many pages if it can fit onto one page.

I hope my question makes sense.

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Are you familiar with copy/paste feature?
    What kind of operation system you use? (Windows / MacOS)
    What e-mail program do you have? (Outlook Express/Outlook/Eudora etc...)

3. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

I've heard of copy/paste, but unsure of how to use it.
    Windows
    Outlook express

Also what Czech words do I look for in case there is an option to email directly from the page. Like in English at the end of article it says, "email article to friend" or something similar. Best yet is when there is envelope symbol. I believe that is international.

4. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

Your printer software should give you an option to "print selection" after you highlight some text. The only problem I have is that I can't preview the selection and make sure it's going to fit on one page, but usually you can tell if you're going to spill over or not. Printing the selected text also lets you keep pictures when the browser's print format takes them out.

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Gypsy,

You can either highlight all of the text with the mouse, and enter Ctrl-C (copy), then switch to a word processor (e.g. Microsoft Word, WordPerfect, Notepad, Wordpad, etc.) and enter Ctrl-V (paste). For e-mailing multiple pictures at once, you can perhaps download them to your computer and then send as attachments. To download, right-click and then click "Save picture as" (in Internet Explorer) or "Save image as" (in Firefox, my personal favorite).