Renting in Brno, through Agents and others

Discussion in 'Housing - For Rent, Sale or Exchange' started by Patricia from Canada, Mar 9, 2007.

1. My husband and I were looking to rent a 2 bedroom apartment in Brno for at lest a one year, lease starting April 15/May 01/2007. We are in our mid 50s, no kids or pets and we are pretty quiet. We are Canadians but have spend two years in South Africa volunteering in the poor areas. After checking with the online real estate agents websites in Brno for vacant furnished apartmnets, we keep getting a return answer that these apartments are no longer available, even thought they are posted on the website. This has happened three times now and it smacks of racism and inefficiency. Why don't real estate agents keep on top of their listings. This poor service is reminiscent of a third worl country. Jeesh !!

2. durk

durk Well-Known Member

hi

I am a foreigner and always have good response from Agents, but only on the phone. I never got a single response by email. when I go to agencies, usually i get no problem of dicrimination.

3. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Inefficiency? Probably. Racism? Not likely. Rather, Czechs tend to like renting to foreigners, since they know they can charge more.

4. Hi Patricia :D Try contacting Nathan Brown at czechpoint101! He is a really nice Canadian guy who set up his own (very successful) realestate business in Brno a few years ago. His wife is also Canadian and teaches English in Brno. His website is www.czechpoint101 Good luck from Deb and Rich

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

6. Oops :shock: thankyou Sova :D I thought the address looked a bit short when I posted it. Cheers from Deb PS: yes, your address is the correct one, many thanks :)

7. durk

durk Well-Known Member

CzechPoint is not really necessary to find a home in Brno. the agents start to get used to foreigners, we are so many now.