Returning to Prague in three weeks

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by GlennInFlorida, Sep 14, 2006.

1. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

I'm coming back to Prague for a visit three weeks from today. I'll arrive on the 6th and be there (with a few side trips) through the 17th. I would sure like to meet some of you in person - perhaps we can get together for a pivo or two. Thanks, as always, for your input - I really enjoy the boards here.

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Maybe there could be another "official" get together, just ask Jeff or Dana (admins)

3. anu

anu Well-Known Member

that would be nice!

:D

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn,

It's great to hear that you're coming to Prague! Jeff and I would be happy to finally meet you in person and to see others again. Let us know what date and time you choose. We're free in October so far. All of us here in Prague can help pick a place and make a reservation if necessary.

Just a clarification, these get-togethers we have occasionally can be initiated and organized by anyone, anytime. Please don't think that you need to get the admins' go-ahead or wait for us to organize something. We're happy to help put a meetup together but we don't want to be considered "the organizers". :) These boards and meetups are open to anybody and anybody can take charge of setting up a get-together.

5. GlennInFlorida

Great! I will look forward to meeting as many of you as can come. I will firm up my schedule (have a couple of tentative hockey games to go to and possibly the rodeo at Sazka Arena - not much else, though) and suggest some dates. I will be staying on Štěpánská near Ječná so getting transportation to just about anywhere is easy - just get your heads together and decide on a place - I will be happy to go anywhere.
    Will get back with all of you soon.

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi Glenn,

I see that you're arriving tomorrow and nothing's been set up yet. :( Do you have any dates in mind for a meetup? As far as a place goes, I don't know, how about U Kašpárka? It's a bit out of the way - near the Strašnická metro, but it's worth the trip in my opinion.

Hope to see you while you're here!

Dana

7. GlennInFlorida

Hi! Yes I am here in Prague - had a bit of a delay getting started - they lost my luggage, but I have it back now - no big problem. I think U Kasparka would be fine. I am free most any time - no definite plans yet. We can work out details in PM's.

8. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Ok, so it's at the Pivovarský dům on Ječná on Friday the 13th. The last one we had at Piv. dům was on 06/06/06. What's with this place? :twisted:

Anyone who's interested in coming, please post here.

Dana

9. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

:twisted: :twisted: Goodness, if I were superstitious, I'd be scared to go. I'll say a prayer for you guys anyway, just to be safe! :lol:

10. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Well, there are already seven of us who are brave enough to come (Glenn and his friend, Jeff and I, Jirka, David and maybe Tobbe). I'll be making a reservation today, so this is the last call for anyone else who wants to join us.

11. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

We have a reservation at the Pivovarský dům for tomorrow, Oct. 13, at 7 p.m. for 7 people under the name Dana. They had to squeeze us in, so it's going to be pretty full.

Just a reminder, the restaurant is almost directly across the Štěpánská tram stop at Ječná/Lípová 15. Tram 4, 6, 10, 16, 22, 23 or metro B to Karlovo náměstí or metro C to I. P. Pavlova.

See you there!

12. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

I'm so envious. I can't wait to come!

13. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Ok, this is a horrible thought, but I read this message from you right after I read your last post about the email you sent your future in laws. I guess you really should be careful about the way you talk. :shock: :oops:

14. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

LOL :D :D