Searching for Uly or Beehive molds

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by DivaDog, Nov 30, 2008.

1. DivaDog

DivaDog New Member

Hi there -- Does anyone know where I can purchase Uly cookie molds either here in the US (online possibly) or in Prague?

Many thanks,
    Nancy

2. DanielZ

DanielZ Well-Known Member

DivaDog,

I have checked online and I have never been able to find them there.

I discovered I can only purchase them in the Czech Republic.

But... and this is a very big but... if you can't get to the Czech Republic soon then the only things you can do is:

1. have a friend/relative in CZ purchase them and mail them to you

2. LAST RESORT... use a walnut shell! No... no this is not a bee hive, but your stomach won't know! LOL

If all else fails, use a walnut shell until you can purchase a real bee hive.

If you need the recipe, just ask.

Dan

3. DivaDog

DivaDog New Member

Hi Dan, Thank you so much for your quick response. I actually have a friend who is travelling to Prague in a few weeks and is willing to look for them. Do you know what kind of shop she might find them in? Will the large department stores have them?

Also, I would love to have your recipe. Thank you so much for sharing.

Cheers, Nancy

4. Petronela

Petronela Well-Known Member

http://www.slovczechvar.com/?page=20&category=21

Not sure where you are from, but if U.S. then I would recommend the above site.
    Btw when I looked there this morning the “bee hive molds” were only visible when you sign in to your account (you will have to create it) which means their stock is low but they still have some.
    Out of all the Czech shopping sites in the states these people are my most favorite, their customer service is incredible and supper fast shipping.

5. DivaDog

DivaDog New Member

Thank you so much, Petronela. I got onto the site and sure enough the molds are out of stock. I emailed them to see if they could tell me when they might be available again. Cheers, Nancy

6. DanielZ

DanielZ Well-Known Member

DivaDog,

If your friend gets to Prague before Christmas they should be able to find them.

Kotva, in the cooking wares department, would have them.

Good luck,
    Dan

7. DivaDog

DivaDog New Member

Thanks so much, Dan. I'll let you know how she makes out.

Nancy

8. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member