Showing proof of funds upon entry to CR ?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by S2kDriver, Aug 22, 2005.

  1. S2kDriver

    S2kDriver Well-Known Member

    I assume that someone travelling to the CR needs to show some proof of funds to sustain the length of stay. Do you have to show them in cash? What if you don't like to carry around cash and just like to use debit cards at ATMs? Is it still a good idea to carry around cash - and roughly how much? Thanks in advance. :)

    P.S. - Are there other things I should bring along (aside from passport) for entry purposes? Do I need to claim anything?
  2. magan

    magan Well-Known Member

    Paul, I travel back and forth at least once a year and I was never asked for such a thing. I do have dual citizenship and use Czech pasport for my travel there. My girlfriend has Canadian pasport for CR travel and was never asked any financial questions. There were some rules under Communist regime on spending certain amount of money there, but that is gone.

    Make sure you don't need visa. Also - if you are staying longer than (I think) 4 weeks, you have to register with foreign police. If you do not registert you will be fined at the airport when you are leaving.

    Unless someone here will confirm 4 weeks + stay registration, you rather check by e-mail/website with Czech embassy to make sure. You will get info on where to go to do so. It is off Pankrac Metro stop in Prague (+some walk).
    Good luck.
  3. Sova

    Sova Well-Known Member

    Flashing a US passport is usually all one needs. I guess the Czech government assumes that all Americans have money coming out of their ears. If all you have is, say, a Ukrainian passport, however, that is another story.
  4. Qcumber

    Qcumber Well-Known Member

    I have never heard of proof of funds being required from foreign visitors in the European Union.
  5. loverboy

    loverboy Member

    What about those who come from the Asian, ie Thailand for instance.

    Does the credit card and some certain amount of cash will do?
  6. Qcumber

    Qcumber Well-Known Member

    Frankly, Loverboy, I don't know. Perhaps you could enquire from a European consulate in your country.

    In the old days, the British used to ask how much cash you had with you when you entered their country, whatever your nationality. Perhaps they have retained this system for non-EU visitors.
  7. brcek

    brcek Member

    If u dont need tourist visa so dont need show any fund. :wink:

Share This Page