Small Translation

Discussion in 'General Language' started by Beretta03, Nov 8, 2005.

1. Beretta03

Beretta03 Active Member

How do you say "sleep well"? For example someone says to me "dobrou noc" while in bed, and I would like to reply back to the person.

2. Ladis

Ladis Well-Known Member

"sleep well" = "spi dobře"

When you all are in bed and someone says "dobrou noc", simply reply back "dobrou noc" or "dobrou (noc)"

3. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

You can just simply say dobrou noc. I would personally say only dobrou. Someone says me dobrou noc and I reply dobrou.

One interesting phrase: Dobrou noc, ať tě blechy štípou celou noc. This expression usually say parents to their children. Literally it means: Have a good night and I wish you to flea bite you all night. I know, sounds crazy.

4. Beretta03

Beretta03 Active Member

dekuji

5. Beretta03

Beretta03 Active Member

I am doing work for a Czech class so I will probably have many little questions in the future.

dobry den

6. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

You learning Czech in US?

7. Beretta03

Beretta03 Active Member

Yes, The church that I am involved with has ran an English teaching summer camp in Liberec the last seven years. Last year was my first year going to the Czech Republic. My friend married a Czech women and they are planning on setting up a permanent Out Reach English Camp in the Czech Republic. Since we all plan on returning to the Czech Republic in the future, and since we have a native Czech living in out City we all decided to learn Czech. There are six of us in the class and five of the six plan on moving to the Czech Rep. in the future. So it is very nice to have a Czech to teach me/us Czech.