SMS translation help needed

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by strange_too, Jul 23, 2005.

1. strange_too

strange_too Active Member

Quick back story, my gf has broken her mobile. So I'm DHL my spare out to her until I can repair it for her. Out there again in 3 weeks. Anyway I need to SMS her mum in Czech to tell her to a expect delivery, but my Czech is poor........

I want to say something along the lines of.

"Hello, How are you? Can you please tell Veri, I've sent her my Nokia 6230 and it will be delivered to you in Zabreh on Friday. Take care"

My attempt is this, but I know it is rubbish

"Dobry den, Jak se mate? Mohl byste prosim Veri, ja mam posal ji mi Nokia 6320. To by mel byt na Zabreh v patek. Mej se"

Thanks for any help.

Howard

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

"Dobrý den. Jak se máte? Mohla byste, prosím, říct Veri, že jsem jí poslal svou Nokii 6230 a měla by být doručena k Vám do Zábřehu v pátek. Díky a mějte se."

I guess you are going to send it without diacritic marks, anyway, it looks better this way. :)

3. strange_too

Thank you very much. Yes you are right, I'll probably send them without the diacritic. I hope you understood, what I had tried say in Cesky too. I hopfully I'm improving.

Thanks again.

H

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Your Czech is not bad at all; just keep on learning! :lol:

5. strange_too

Thanks, I'm learning czech because I love her and it help us in the future.