starbucks

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by anu, Jun 2, 2005.

1. anu

anu Well-Known Member

are there any starbucks in prague?

2. anu

anu Well-Known Member

by the way: there aren't any :lol:

3. evian

evian Well-Known Member

Thats quite understandable. I think the only European city I have seen a Starbucks is London. Go to Hong Kong though, there is probably as many as Seattle :lol: .

4. anu

anu Well-Known Member

no, no! there are three starbucks in zurich and two in bern and there's at least one in frankfurt... :lol:

5. kjung

kjung Member

I still cannot understand what makes Starbucks so popular, especially with American tourists... Yes, there are three of them in Zurich, but supposedly none in Geneve :twisted: who knows the secret: what is there besides overpriced coffee in a mug and equally overpriced muffins? :roll: :wink:

6. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

not to mention it is foul tasting stuff - except maybe the double latte-frappa-who knows whatever concoctions that are fatty, sugary milkshakes and not coffee. no wonder so many Americans are the size of small mountains.

7. usak

usak Well-Known Member

you want starbucks go to boston or someother big US city..ive never been there nor do i drink coffee. but ive seen like 3 starbucks in 5 blocks of walking in boston

8. GlennInFlorida

they are like flies on sh*t here in little old Tampa, too. even have four at the airport.

9. kjung

kjung Member

even more of them in Vancouver :evil:

10. anu

anu Well-Known Member

well, it's a matter of taste, i think, like everything else...

11. GlennInFlorida

well of course, but there is also the perceived need to be "fashionable" or "current", when all one is really doing is being trendy.

12. anu

anu Well-Known Member

wow, that's unfair, glenn.
    i just feel comfortable in starbucks and i like their tea, that's all.

13. GlennInFlorida

sorry - didn't mean to offend. There are many people who truly like Starbucks and enjoy their wide selection of goodies - I just meant there are some who go there just because they think they"should" - didn't mean it to be a blanket description.

14. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

In Canada, you can't throw a stone without hitting a Starbucks shop. The success of this chain seems to be rooted in witchcraft. :?

15. usak

usak Well-Known Member

Yes, there is nothing wrong with starbucks as far as I know, i was just commenting on the sheer number of them in some areas

16. kjung

kjung Member

the only good thing about Starbucks is that you can order just one cup of coffee and sit there all day long (if you feel like it). they wont care :wink:

17. evian

evian Well-Known Member

Myself, I really quite like Starbucks. They are efficient, have very good selection and tasty coffee and provide a range of condiments and facilities that others do not. The only thing that is lacking, in my opinion, is that their cafés generally have no character to them. Just the same wherever you go, the only difference being the layout.
    But this is not a problem though in many Asian cities, where I will often pick Starbucks as my first choice when desiring a coffee or other beverage. Although, there are many other new franchises in Hong Kong (incl. Delifrance & Pacific Coffee Co.) that are equally as good.

18. erinina

erinina New Member

i think nyc takes the cake in regards to how many starbucks there are. i have one next door to my office building, as well as in the building's lobby, and two more on the same block!

when i was in london i enjoyed visiting because it was hard to find a decent cup of coffee...i am sure there must be dozens of great coffee places in london, but whenever we had breakfast i just couldn't drink it!

19. wissy

wissy Well-Known Member

Tut Tut Erinina,
    When in London drink the tea !!!

Wissy :wink:

20. CzechHonza

CzechHonza Member