stock fernet

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by sparkyvanburen, Aug 9, 2007.

1. hi all
    i do not know if you all know but...stock fernet can now be purchased in the states! i have a place that stocks 2 bottles for me at all times, they are the 1L bottles and it is a wonderful thing but a bit costly...$37 or so (but much more convient than traveling to cz to get it or having the inlaws send it;) so if anyone needs info on how to get it near you i will be more than happy to let you know...btw if you are in San Diego Clems Bottle House in the Kensington neighborhood on adams ave is where i have my stock

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I think it tastes like cheeper version of Jagermeister. :D

3. boy i could not disagree with you more...jager is some of the worst adult beverage i have ever had, it is so sickly sweet and bitter and syrupy...where as fernet is a nice bitters that has very subtle flavors and bold 1s. i have mixed it before with some magister (made by the same company) and it is a nice combination since i think the magister is a bit too sweet

4. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

To be fair, the only fernet I've had is fernet orange. It reminded me of jager but not as good. So it gave me the thought of a cheep jager. When you wrote this post, I was home and thought, "oh before I post my thought I'll give it another try." So I pulled it out of the liquor cabinet, took a small shot, and sure enough, it tasted just like a cheep jager.

But then again, what does an American know about European liquor. :wink:

5. ive never tried the orange flavored fernet jsut the regular 1 and it is my favorite drink, every time i go to the cz my father-in-law and i will sit around and drink it after dinner and before we go to bed...i am stoked i can get it here in san diego