Teen Czech guys

Discussion in 'Culture' started by confused, Nov 22, 2004.

1. confused

confused Active Member

Hi, at the airport last moth I met a really good looking czech guy who looked 15, he was sending signs that he liked me even though we haven't even spoken one word to each other. In the country I live guys are not so quick on sending signs. Are teenage czech guys really clear and make signs when they like you straightaway? Thanks heaps.

2. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

Hi I'm from UK, but I can maybe advise!!

Which country are you from? Possibly the lad liked you, but wasn't sure what he should do. Maybe he thought, like a lot of guys when it comes to approaching women, that if he approached you he may get rejected. I don't think it matters what country a guy is in - if he likes what he sees....... In what way was he sending signals? Be helpful if you say what he was doing. If he was staring at you or kept glancing in your direction, then possibly yes. Or he could have just been looking around at people in general.

For example, I could be standing in a trainstation, airport, whatever, and see a man looking in my direction. Sometimes I feel someone is looking at me and I subconsciously turn my head to see who it is. And then I find myself glancing at that person occasionally to see if they are still glancing at me, then it is regular eye contact. It is natural for any humans to do this, sometimes it leads to an approach, sometimes not.

Was the guy smiling at you, if so he was probably interested. If it was me, I suppose I'd smile back, and maybe accidentally on purpose move closer to him, and possibly make some comment about how busy it was there or something neutral. Not go up and chat him up exactly. Break the ice. Trouble is if you are a woman - it has to be done carefully or it will look forward! It has happened to me - when I was in my teens, I would probably go running up and say hi, but really exhuberantly and confident. Then he would look embarrassed, and try and escape! Leaving me wondering why the heck he had been smiling and looking friendly if he wasn't interested. It was really embarrassing. Trouble is, like yourself, if you don't take the opportunity, it bugs you afterwards!!

I'd say he possibly was interested, but too shy. Maybe he didn't speak any other language than Czech, so that is another possibility - he didn't know if you could!!

3. confused

confused Active Member

Hi thanks for your reply. I live in New Zealand and I'm a teenager, I was standing in the line waiting to give my ticket to the air hostess person and he came up with his friend who was also really good looking , he slowly came closer and closer to me until our elbows were touching and he was talking to his friend about me in Czech, I could tell it was about me since he kept looking and smiling at me.

I personally was a bit lost since guys in NZ don't make signs to someone they've just seen for 5 minutes. When I got in the plane I looked behind and he was simling at me. When our flight arrived in the country he was leaning against the wall, and he was staring and simling at me all the time. I really liked him so I smiled at him too. Basically from there everyone transferred to different flights to different countries. I would've started up a conversation or at least seen if he could speak English but my parents were there too so just could not do it. I have no idea where in the world he is. It's so amazing, I've NEVER seen guys that hot or I think British say 'fit' in New Zealand.

4. brigitte

Hi again.

Sounds like he was pretty interested, but as you said it was difficult due to your parents being there.. He is probably wondering himself about you and maybe he should have said something. He was possibly wary of your parents presence too. He doesn't sound as if he was shy!!

I know what it is like, I have been there, so I guess I can relate to you in that way. In my case it was probably best the lad didn't chat as my mother would have shown me up in front of him!! She still does, I get spoken to like an errant child of about eight if I talk to anything male when Mum's around. And I'm 42.....

Shame you couldn't have got chatting, I think if it was me I probably would have said something, albeit silly - to break the ice, Mum, or no Mum! I can understand though, your situation with guys in your country - in the UK, they can be quite different!! You can be sitting on a park bench eating a sandwich and reading the paper, minding your own business, and there is always some joker.... not necessarily good looking, usually full of front who parks himself next to you and tells you his life's story!! And you can't shake him off. Funny though, it is double standards, because if some really attractive man did the same, most women would probably engage in conversation.. :lol:

5. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Just my thoughts as I been in Prague a very long time.
    The teens a horny guy lol.
    If hes close to you then hes horny definite lol.
    He probably does'nt speak english either.
    Regards,

SR :D

6. confused

confused Active Member

Thanks so much for all your help! Yeah, he definitely was not shy, I did catch him saying 'Transfer' but in a very thick accent. I LOVE Europe but unfortunately I live on the other side of the planet from it. New Zealand's really awesome too though so is Australia.

7. brigitte

Silverking, I don't think he was horny, as you put it! Sorry. That is drunken English ways of doing things from my experience! They push into you, whether you like it or not ,make explicit comments about your face and figure and if you ignore them you get a sackload of abuse about how ugly you are!! (and they can be like it sober too!) It is possible the guy above was interested, but I wouldn't say horny. He probably liked her, but was a bit unsure about what to say or do with her family there!

Sorry SK!! :wink:

Oh, yes - I just thought about the above while out shopping - if you aren't interested in their drunken advances, then you must be gay!! I've had that one many times..... :D :D

8. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Hi,
    I have been around czech teens while I was living in Haje.
    They are very randy reason being they have nothing to do,bunk off school and just fool around.
    Those teens could not speak english at all I had to converse in Czech language most the time.
    I don't follow drunken women lol thats not my thing.
    If I were interested in a girl I would'nt be edging next to her lol.
    I find it better to just go and talk and not do anything physical lol.

Ciao

SR :D

9. brigitte

Drunken women? :shock: :lol: I'm talking about drunken MEN, lol!! I didn't mention approaching drunken women, hehe!! The women are sober. Mind you, English women are worse than men when they are drunk, a friend of mine regularly got steaming and on occasions arrested. I remember, as it was me that got phoned to go round and get her kids up and dressed for school as she was still in the cells.... I have a drink, but I stay sober, unless it is something unusual, then it may affect me, I give it a wide berth after!!

Teens bunking off school and fooling around? Same here in UK, as you know, Sam. And other countries too. I know what you mean, possibly he was mucking about - I tend to think he probably did like her though, unfortunately it is one of those things!! :wink:

10. confused

confused Active Member

Thanks so much for all your help!! :D So if you had to describe most male teenagers in The Czech Republic using only 7 words what would they be? In New Zealand I guess guys are not so upfront they are more shy. I really would like to know how male teenagers in the Czech Republic are like. Could most of them be called as 'Bad boys'??? For example like how you said, most wag school...like girls a little TOO much...and smoke? Are most of them like that? I hope you can clarify my question. Thanks a million.