Top six cities or towns to visit?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Fozz, Feb 18, 2005.

1. Fozz

Fozz New Member

Given a two or three month visit to czech republic;which cities, towns would be on the must see list? Spent plenty of time in prague in the past and am keen to see a wider variety of areas.
    cheers
    Fozz

2. uuspoiss

uuspoiss Well-Known Member

3. czechchris

czechchris Well-Known Member

I would recommend Český Krumlov, (and a little trip down to Rožmberk nad Vltavou)
    Then there are Telč and Třeboň........

4. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

And Olomouc, Kroměříž, Boskovice (central Moravia)...

5. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Karlovy Vary (Carlsbad) - the famous spa town!

6. markorange

markorange Member

7. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Snezka is very nice. I went there once in the early fall with some friends. We got rained on near the top, but after the sun came out, looking out across the valley to the north, I got my first (and only) view of a "rain-ring" (I mean to say a rainbow, but with a full 360-degree arc). Quite impressive! Unfortunately, the @#!* fools at the developers in Mlada Boleslav ruined my film :cry:

8. magan

magan Well-Known Member

Did everybody forgot Prague?

TErezin (concentration camp), Olomouc, Frantiskovi Lazne a Marianske Lazne (not far from Karlovy Vary).

9. czhuron

czhuron Member

I've been 3 times is Czech Republic. Citites I've visited: Prague (of course, 3x), further, Karlovy Vary, Plzen, Teplice (Krupka in the neighbourhood), Konopište, Karlstejn, Plzeň, Beroun, Nižbor (with the Rückl glass fabric).

Little advice: Pruhonice (south-east Prague, a little bit outside the city) with beautifull park to walk in.....

10. czechchris

That is interesting! Because we are going to Prague on the 2nd to 12th and have planned to go to Terezin and Pruhodnice!

11. czhuron

czhuron Member

Good choice Chris !!
    What about other cities? Do you want to visit them too ??

12. czechchris

This time, we are staying largely in Prague, although we are spending the weekend in Čáslav, where we have friends.

We have been invited to visit other friends in Ždar nad Sazavou, but probably in the summer. We are planning a trip to see other friends in ČR then and also in Slovakia in Dubnica nad Vahom.

We have visited ČR about 8 times now, and always try to go somewhere new each visit.

On our list for the future is Olomouc, Telč and Třeboň.