Toulovcovy maštale

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Karel_lerak, Aug 21, 2008.

1. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

If you like nature you may be interested in a few pictures from less known place in Czech Republik:
    Toulovcovy Maštale

[​IMG]

2. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

Thanks for the pics, Karel. Another nice place I'll have to visit.

3. wer

wer Well-Known Member

I was often in doubts whether to write here something about my region or not, but I always dismiss it as an inopportune self-propagation. :wink:
    So, eso and Karel_lerak done it instead of me :twisted:.

Most of the comments regarding the Orlické hory region in the eso’s thread apply here as well.

Once you visit this region, you should look arround for some culture. It is not only nice nature.

The castle of Nové Hrady:

[​IMG]

It’s possibly the best example of rococo architecture in the Czech Republic. The castle has private owners, but it is open to public. The owners are known as lunatics of some sort who like to spend all their money in the upkeep of the castle.

4. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Those are interesting rock formations. I wonder what that one picture is about, with those twigs propped against the rock as if they were supporting it's weight.

Nové hrad....privately owned? Bet the upkeep on that castle is very expensive. Nice to have such a structure open to the public. The fees to visit probably go towards maintaining it.
    We have our eccentrics too. Wealthy Howard Hughes who built the Spruce Goose, largest wooden plane ever built, is a good example.

5. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Great pics! Thank you for sharing!

6. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

We were surprised to see it, too. I suppose it's a kind of joke 8)