Transport on Christmas Eve

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by CBezD, Oct 12, 2004.

1. CBezD

CBezD Member

Hello there... My Partner and I will be arriving in Prague on Christmas Eve (24 Dec) at 23:05. Because this is a festive day I am concerned that at that time of the evening there will be no public transport operating. I know that Taxi's will be available, but I'm unsure about using them. Can someone inform me as to whether or not the public transport will be operational.

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Hi there!

Prague's public transportation operates according to its Sunday schedule from Dec. 24 - 26. Schedules and routes can be checked here.

You can visit the Transportation section of this site for more info.

3. CBezD

CBezD Member

Hi Dana

Thank you so much for your input. I was beginning to wonder if anyone would offer any advice. I will certainly use this piece of information you have provided. I was hoping to catch a Shuttle Bus from the airport to our hotel, but I don't think many operate at that time of year, especially at that time of night. I was considering catching a taxi through AAA but our hotel is 32.2 km / 20 miles away from the airport, so a taxi is going to be quite costly. I guess if it needs to be done then we'll have to go ahead with it. By any chance can you or anyone else recommend a bus shuttle service that may be operating on the 24th of December.

Thanks to anyone who responds, your input is very much appreciated!!!