Transportation from Prague train station to airport

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by nanda, Feb 10, 2006.

1. nanda

nanda New Member

Hi,
    My husband and I are going to Prague in May, then taking the train to Vienna and returning to Prague on the morning of our flight back to the U.S. What is the fastest, most reliable way to get to the airport from the train station? Can I trust the cab drivers there or is there another taxi/shuttle service that I could rely on?
    Thanks.

2. magan

magan Well-Known Member

If you don't have too much luggage....there is underground in the Main train station......for 20 Kc: 1 stop by metro to Metro MUSEUM stop take A line to Dejvicka (last stop)+ From there Airport bus (45 min) to airport.
    Prague public transportation is very fast and easy to navigate.

I would not trust taxi off the street. Honest taxi service is http://www.aaataxi.cz/en/ They speak English and you can look up price of the ride on their web site. After you call where you are, they will give you number of the car to look for.

counting of approximate price:
    departure: Hlavní nádraží (Main train station)
    arrival: Letiště Ruzyně (Airport)

AAA price: approx. 460 CZK plus traffic waiting (5 CZK/min)
    max. price: approx. 470 CZK plus traffic waiting (5 CZK/min)

3. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Do you know at which Prague train station you will be arriving on your trip from Vienna? I did a quick search on www.idos.cz and it looks like most trains from Vienna arrive at Prague - Holešovice station.

The Airport Express bus runs every half hour from Prague - Holešovice to the airport. It costs 45 CZK and takes half an hour. I have included a link below to the bus schedule in PDF format.

www.csl.cz/en/sluzbyprovas/doprava/do_a ... xpress.pdf

4. nanda

nanda New Member

Thanks Magan and Jeff for the tips. I'll have enough luggage to make the train-metro-bus option a difficult one, so I might end up using the taxi service you recommended.
    I'm looking forward to this trip, my first one to Prague. From what I gather, it's truly a magic place.