Traveling in Prague late at night

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by ken_u1984, Dec 19, 2005.

1. ken_u1984

ken_u1984 New Member

hi,

I plan to visit Prague for New Year's day.
    I'm worried that after the celebration, it will be difficult for me to get back to my hotel, especially if my hotel is very far.

Is the metro open 24 hours?
    How would you advise I go back late at night.

thanks

2. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Metro stops at midnight (unless they have special holiday hours-not aware of any, though). Night trams run about midnight to 6 but less frquently than regular trams (again they may have holiday hours but I don't know). Suggest you search the boards here or ask your hotel about a reliable taxi service and pre-arrange a pickup time and location. I imagine, as in any large city, transportation may be a problem during a large celebration. Your hotel may not be as far way as you think - maps are deceiving. Prague is a wonderful city for a late night (early morning) walk, might not be too bad just to "soak up" the city. Enjoy your stay.

3. Lorenzo

Lorenzo Well-Known Member

Hi,

You should find out where your hotel is located and then which is the nearest tram or bus stop. If you are on the route of a night tram you can easily get back to your hotel by tram from near Wenceslaw Square (city center).

Lorenzo