TV Programmes/ Packages

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Katie/Katerina, Apr 11, 2009.

1. Katie/Katerina

Katie/Katerina Active Member

Hi,
    My boyfriend and I just wanted to enquire what kind of English-language channels are available in satellite TV packages in/near Prague? Also, what packages and companies people have TV deals with, what channels they feature, and, if people do not mind, what kind of prices they are costing. We will be getting internet and phone connections too, so if they come as a package, as they often do here in the UK, we would consider that too.

Ideally, I would like at least 1 or 2 English language channels at the start- at least the news, but my boyfriend was unsure that if the channels were avaiable, whether they would be dubbed or titled in czech language.

Thanks for any help inadvance,
    Katie

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

Do you know what are you gonna be getting? Can you get UPC cable TV? I think some of the channels are both in Czech and English.

3. Katie/Katerina

Katie/Katerina Active Member

Thanks, yes I think UPC was one of the compnies my boyfriend was looking at. It's just nice to know I have options. I hope most of my old TV time will be filled with beer and bramboracky in the nearest pub, but it would be nice to get news and a few shows at least :) Thanks

4. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

The apartment I stayed at in Prague had cable of some sort and there were several English channels including CNN International and BBC News. There was also a nice weather channel (in Czech, but easy to follow) that had webcams of various areas around the country.