Urgent! I can not change scotish pounds into CZK in Prague!

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by pengpeng, Jun 15, 2005.

1. pengpeng

pengpeng Member

All the banks refused to accept scotish pounds. Only some small exchange offices offered extremely low exchange rate. Please give me some advice! Is it the same situation in CK or KV?

2. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

I have heard that exchanges and banks in Czech republic will only accept GB pounds sterling if the notes are issued by the Bank of England. Which is slightly awkward for anyone living in Scotland or Northern Ireland as most of the money there is issued by the Bank of Scotland or one of the several banks in NI. If you are intending to change sterling into Czech crowns, either get hold of Bank of England notes or change your money into crowns in the UK before you go.

I found the exchange rate in Bank of Ireland in Dublin Airport to be nearly as good as what I could find in Prague. If you need to change money in Prague, try the exchanges on Panska (from Wenceslas Square, turn right onto Na Prikope and turn right again onto Panska) And beware the many rip-off exchange bureaux in Prague!

3. Qcumber

Qcumber Well-Known Member

This Scottish pound problem is really weird! :lol: Who's ever heard of them? Why don't you travel with Euros like anybody else? :lol:

4. Ir

Ir Well-Known Member

I would imagine most Scottish people have heard of Scottish pounds. That's the currency there.

And if a Scottish person was travelling to CR, are you seriously suggesting he should change his pounds sterling into euros so he can take euros to Prague?