Visiting Czech for first time in Oct 08

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by ayron, Jul 13, 2008.

1. ayron

ayron New Member

I will traveling to Czech Republic in Oct 08 for the first ever and wanted to learn about the country and its people. I'm currently serving in Iraq and it would be nice to meet some new friends.

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Welcome, where are you from and for whom are you serving?

3. ayron

ayron New Member

I'm in the Us Army in Iraq currently... I am originally from Dallas, Texas. Please, tell me where you are from and a little about your customs.

4. MichaelaZ

MichaelaZ Member

Ahoj.
    My name is Michaela. I am Czech living in the US. I dont know what part of Czech Republic youre going to but no matter where it is I can asure you that there is gonna so many beautiful things and places to see. You should definitely go to Prague (the Capital) if you get a chance. The history and achitecture is unbelivable. Much different from the US since US is fairly new compare to European countries. There are great numbers of castles a gardens in CR that are definitely worth to see.

And ones youre there make sure you go to a pub (hospoda) and have beer (pivo) and dumplings sourkrout and pork. Thats our national meal :D

If you have any questions just let me know. Id be happy to recoment some places to go.

Good luck and enjoy you r trip.

5. ayron

ayron New Member

Thanks Michaela... I am very excited about visiting your country. I do plan on going to Praque and having many pivos. I am trying not to spend a small fortune. Are the hostels alright to stay in? Do you have anymore recommendations on having a lot of fun without spending a ton of money.... Keep in mind I am 36, single and love to have fun...

6. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

I'm from the US - Michigan. I hope you have a great time in Prague and I want to say Thank you for your service to our great country. I'm sitting in my air conditioned office, enjoying my freedoms thanks to sacrifices from people like you. :)