Visiting the Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by Skukuza, May 18, 2004.

1. Skukuza

Skukuza New Member

:?: Hi all,
    I've just joined this forum with a particular idea in mind.
    Since I am planning to visit your country some time this summer, and for the first time I may add, I was wondering if it wouldn't be possible, through this channel, to establish contact with somebody I could meet and organize a party with. I know, I know ..... it probably sounds weird but is in fact quite above board and straight forward. The motive is quite simply my intention to meet Czech people (family, friends ... ) rather than sitting in a pub, talking to other strangers or going on an organized tour. And if I pay for all the goodies required to whip up a little feast, the Czech way, what's there to lose? And since I would most certainly only come over for a long weekend there wouldn't be much time to organize something locally. Besides, I would also prefer to have some idea about the people involved at the other end.

About me - I'm 50 yrs, male, living in Hamburg/Germany, but my home is in South Africa (Johannesburg) to where I will return eventually in a couple of years time. And when that happens I would like to go back and say I met some nice people in this or that and such country. That's basically all there is to it. But considering my age for example it really wouldn't do to be the odd one out in a group of 20ish folks.

Hope I could explain myself a little bit and now let's wait and see.

Rob