What Airlines is cheapest to Prague??? any ideas? :-]

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by BMoody, Oct 1, 2006.

1. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

I'm trying to fly to Prague this New Years and I'm wondering where the cheap airfares are. If you could give me any tips, I'd greatly appreciate it... so far, tickets look upwards of 900 or a thousand dollars!

Thanks so much!
    Bryan

2. Jana

Jana Well-Known Member

Try this http://airfare.bootsnall.com/ . I just saw some offers of round trip Las Vegas - Prague (Dec 27 - Jan 3) for 406 USD (Northwest Airlines) or 561 USD (Alitalia)...However, it is a price without taxes (approx. 100 USD). I bought tickets from bootsnall several times and was satisfied with their services.

3. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Just bear in mind that "cheapest" does not alway equate with "convenient". I have found cheaper flights than the one I have booked but, sometimes you have to be very flexible with your travel plans. One of the ones I looked at had a return trip time (to Tampa, Florida) of 40 hours. oof!

4. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

Thanks for the tips! I'm waiting for that website to reply. They have cheap flights out of L.A., so maybe I could do some hopping?

I just stumbled across cheap airfare from Vegas to Prague though. Condor air has flights to Frankfurt Intl., and then to Prague for 250 USD every Thursday. It's only from Vegas I my friend told me. Problem is that the seats are filling quick, lol. I'm going to get this ticket rather soon I think.

700 USD overall w/ tax.

5. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

Good Price! Enjoy your trip.
    You guys in Vegas have all the luck :wink:

BTW, I've been to Las Vegas a few times - really had a great time, even though I don't gamble (much).

6. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

Vegas is a good town. We residents don't gamble too much either... honestly, I believe I only go down to the strip every two or three months just to meet someone, but never to stay. Good roads, everything open 24 hours, always gossip about something extraordinary in town, and the tourist capitol of the world. It ain't half bad.

*housing prices are a huge though. Slowly but surely, this town is getting spendy.*

7. omneo

omneo Member

just a thought to consider, why not check out flights to London and then flights from london to prague? I used to fly with czech airlines to Brno and pay around £190 returna nd now use ryan air and pay between and £40 and £70 depending on how early I book.

Might not save you any money at all but then again it might!

8. DAZ

DAZ Member

HI, I think the cheapest airline to travel in center of europe is "Air Europe".
    Enjoy your visit!!!
    bye

9. EmcaTanecnice

EmcaTanecnice Active Member

if you are a student, try www.statravel.com they have some nice student discounts.

10. BMoody

BMoody Well-Known Member

I checked STA travel and alternative flights to London, and then to Czech, and have found Condor to be the cheapest from Las Vegas to Prague overall.

I ended up booking through Orbitz though because the only ticket left from Condor was picked up by my girlfriend, lol. She paid $750 roundtrip.

I paid $975 with travelers insurance from Orbitz.