WoOoOoOoW -17C

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by eyesmax, Jan 23, 2006.

1. eyesmax

eyesmax Well-Known Member

Hey guys,

Do you think it will be warmer in mid of Feb?

It's my first time to go in such temperature. I'm coming from very hot country 40 ~ 48C in summer and 10 ~ 20 in winter.

loooooooool I'll die guys :cry:
    :roll: :wink: :lol: :D :shock: :mrgreen:

hahahaha I can't believe -17c

What kind of clothes should I bring with me????
    Please tell me :cry:

2. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

Warm clothes and lots of them. :D Seriously, a hat and gloves are a must in winter, and either a good heavy coat, or a light coat with several layers under it. If it's below 0 a scarf might be a good idea too.

3. Zeisig

Zeisig Well-Known Member

You can acclimatize and experience the snow and cold (-1°C) in the new indoor ski center in Dubai. It is reportedly "the ultimate symbol of the triumph of man and technology over the natural environment".

4. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

These temperatures are not typical for Prague and I sure hope we won't be going through the same cold spell in the middle of February! But if we do... :twisted: You'll want to wear several layers of clothes (including thermal undergarments), wool socks, warm boots and a warm coat. When it's below zero, I strongly recommend a scarf besides gloves and a hat. It really makes a difference.

Check the weather forecast before you go. The weather can't be predicted this far in advance and it is very likely that temperatures will be higher than they are now.

5. eyesmax

eyesmax Well-Known Member

:cry: :cry:
    Even if it's -40c. I'm not going to stay home..... I love Prague and I'll be there. 8)

By the way, with such temp. Do people stay in the bridge with their activities or not?

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

I don't know if the vendors and musicians are on the bridge in these temperatures, but I know that outdoor street markets, e.g. on Havelský trh, are open even in these days. They just don't sell any fruits and vegetables!