Brigitte

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by brigitte, Oct 21, 2004.

1. brigitte

brigitte Well-Known Member

Hi

I am Brigitte-Anne and I'm from the UK. I am 42, although I look 32, blonde hair (long), 5ft 2" tall and average size. In case that looks like a penfriend ad - I'm open to penpals too.

I live in Bournemouth, on the south coast, and am single. It might be a bit odd to some people that I prefer being single to married, I suppose I am a female confirmed bachelor!

The reason I joined the board, was because I followed Euro 2004, and enjoyed watching the Czech Republic team better than the English. (sorry to be unpatriotic, any English members!) Better looking players too! I thought I'd look up info on the country and became quite interested in the things I found out. I do not speak a word of Czech, i would like to learn, but I don't know how well I'd get on.

My home is a studio flat. This is a bedsitting room with a separate bathroom and kitchen. The bathroom is a perpetual laundry, constantly there is clothes drying over the bath! And no matter how much i clean and tidy, it still looks cluttered. Musicwise I play bass guitar and keyboards a bit. I say "bit" because it is pretty bad playing. I like all music from modern techno/dance music to classical, folk, rock, basically any sort of music. One day it will be disco, next day punk! I also enjoy aircraft/helicopters and am a dab hand at Photoshop! (which has got me in trouble with friends as I turn their pics into cartoons!

That is me!

2. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Good stuff!

SR :)

3. brigitte

To add to my above post, I am just thrilled Milan Baros has scored a hat-trick (3 goals) for Liverpool tonight. Good man!! He is playing very well!!

4. silverkinguk

Yea I also observed Milan Baros my fave man right now!
    Yea!

Go Baros!
    Even though I don't support Liverpool still hes czech!

Cool!

Sam :)

5. brigitte

I support him - it doesn't matter what club he plays for, if he moved to another club I'd switch my allegiance!! :D

6. silverkinguk

LOL!!! joker hehe

SR :D

7. brigitte

I am serious!! I would do just that. :wink: I think he deserves to be playing for a better club!! I think he plays well, his style and way of doing things are continually up for discussion, about how he plays with his head down, is selfish with the ball, ect,ect. I think two ways - possibly he could listen up, and do what is asked, but then I think why should he? I feel sorry for him, really, as when he got the hat-trick, the papers were full of Benitez saying how he will be speaking to him about his way of playing, and pointing out stuff that he could improve upon, to make him, 'the complete article' He isn't a machine!!

I think he has done himself no favours playing too soon with the injury, it has worsened since, but apart from that I think he should be left to play his way. People keep on about his Portugal success, but he played the same there. If he changed his style, he possibly wouldn't get the goals, then he'd get grief for that!!

Rant over..... :)

8. coachwillits

coachwillits Member

Just reading around here and liked what you posted. Good luck with the bass, I have always wanted to learn to play, can't sing either but that does not seem to be a problem these days :roll:
    Nice to meet you.
    ~Toby

9. brigitte

Hi Toby!

Well, my bass is sitting in the corner collecting dust at the moment - quite a bit of dust too. I cannot sing to save my life.

glad you liked what I posted. If you like the Baros stuff - he is playing in the next town to mine today. hopefully his injury is completely better - he is needed. I'd like to see how he gels with Morientes.

Cheers again Toby.

10. coachwillits

coachwillits Member

Brigitte 8)
    I must say that I am not as cool as you lol. I did just look up those players that you mentioned lol. I thought maybe they were musicians :oops: That tells you what I know about your football, or soccer as we Americans like to call it. I hope to get to Prague soon, and start following all the sports I can. Until then I will be stuck here in the States until the funds are in order...then it is the big move across the pond :DThanks for the message. Take Care.
    ~Toby

11. brigitte

:lol: :lol: Don't worry, Toby. Baros is one of the most well known CZ footie players at this point in time. As well as Nedved and Smicer. I won't take the mickey, as I have made a few faux pas myself - and it has probably been just as embarrassing. I'm going to try and watch the match today in the pub if i find one that is showing it big-screen! Cheers.