Brits who want to learn Czech - Brno

Discussion in 'Language Exchange & Czech Classes' started by naj, Dec 19, 2007.

1. naj

naj New Member

Hello,

my name is Jan. I´m VERY keen on learning English and I´ve been looking for a British expat(s) living in Brno (or somewhere near Brno) who would, basically, want to learn Czech.

The thing is that I´m interested in British accent, British culture, etc. I study (to become an English teacher) Eng at the Masaryk University in Brno and I work as a freelance translator (my first translation project was "A Bit of Fry and Laurie" -- thesis; can be sent upon request ;).

I´m looking for a British expat(s) living in a Brno area who would be somehow keen on learning Czech. Now, money is not the reason I´m posting the offer -- I work as a freelance translator (my living) -- in other words, the nature of the lessons would depend on the way you would want to have them - it might include hanging around, visiting exhibitions, concerts as well as formal lessons such as practicing grammar, vocab and stuff. BUT I can assure you that it would never be boring as the main aim is to encourage you to fall in love with second language acquisition.

If you are interested contact me through j_hrdlicka@yahoo.com or via PM.

Regards,
    Jan

2. naj

naj New Member

I was just wondering if there are any British expats in the CZ??? (as far as I know, most English speaking people living/staying in the CZ come from the US) Btw, is there any British expats community?

3. jen

jen Well-Known Member

sorry to plug another site, but try expats.cz...there are a number of British expats there, and I'm sure there's some in Brno...