Checking in, new to this room.

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by BillyMack, Jan 26, 2007.

1. BillyMack

BillyMack Member

Hello Everyone.
    I'm trying to find people I can talk with about the glass makers in the area, I'm looking to come to the town of Praha. Or close to it. I have been doing glass work for many years, and would like to come and work in some kind of stained glass studio, or something closed to that.
    Many thanks
    William B. Mack

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Sorry I can't help with the glass, but welcome to this board.

3. The Animal

The Animal Well-Known Member

Vítám tě tady ve fóru.
    I have acouple of ideas check out ( Prague Guide ) just up above, then go to www.seznam.cz it is a Czech search engine. Hodně štěsti !

4. BillyMack

BillyMack Member

Hay Animal, My favorites are 6v 53, 8v 71, 12v 71, and of course 16v 71.
    Navy 68 to 72

5. The Animal

To BillyMack
    I work for a Detroit Diesel Distributor here in Odessa Texas. When I worked for the service department my favorite engines to work on is the 16V149 TIB DDEC 3 or with hydraulic govs. Also love the MTU 16V4000 3000HP @ 1950 RPM 9184 ft lbs torque @ 1650 RPM. My picture up above is a 3000 HP 16V4000 has around 3984 cubic inches, dry weight about 16000 lbs. The S-2000, 4000 MTU's are 4-cycle engines unlike the 2-cycle 53,71,92,149 engines. 8) 8)

6. gypzy

gypzy Well-Known Member

Ahoj BillyMack,

Vitejte! I can't tell you anything about glass makers in that area. But I think the Bohemian glass is beautiful. Good luck in your search.

Na Shledanou

7. BillyMack

BillyMack Member

Thank you for getting back with me. You know how it goes when you first start looking for information. Slow at first, and then you figure out how to make it work and it goes very well after that.
    Many Thanks.
    Bill

8. The Animal

Hear is a good website I found for you, www.glass.cz they have all kinds of glass. etc.etc. Good luck.