CZ-EN člen realizačního týmu

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by meda, Apr 30, 2007.

1. meda

meda Well-Known Member

Ahoj. Now I am translating the article but I don't understand this word.

realizačního

"člen týmu" means "team member", right ?
    How do you translate "realizačního" ?

the article is http://www.fotbal.cz/scripts/detail.php?id=14566

If someone help me, I am very happy :)

meda

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

“Realizační” is the adjective derived from the noun “realizace” (=realization).

realizační tým = realization team
    člen realizačního týmu = member of the realization team

3. meda

meda Well-Known Member

moc dekuji vam, wer !

4. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

just a question - is "realization team" used in this sense in english? i'm not sure what a "realizační tým" is responsible for in the sports world, in the business sense, depending on context, i would tend to call it an implementation team, project completion team or something along those lines depending on the tasks the team is to perform...

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

I've heard the term "realization team" used in English in a business sense often, and in a few other contexts where an organized effort is being made to implement a plan of action agreed upon by a group.

6. mbm

mbm Well-Known Member

Out of context, I'd say that implementation team is a much better translation of realizační tým than realization team. Production team would sound good in a media context. Either way, realization team sounds too much like a Czechism, or possibly a calque from some other European language.

In Czech, when you "realize" something (něco realizuješ), you implement it or carry it out as planned. The implication is that there is plan or vision beforehand which you then convert into reality - hence the real bit in realizovat. German has the exact same verb with the exact same meaning and the same connotations: realisieren.

It seems to me that in Czech these days the term realizační tým is being overused a little. Sometimes, when talking about an operation such a movie production or managing a sports team, the realizační tým is really an euphemism for a bunch of guys who run errands and generally take care of the nitty gritty - while somebody else, not a member of the realizační tým, keeps track of the big picture.

By the way, the Czech realizovat does not mean realize in the sense of "I realized I had forgotten my purse".

7. meluzina

yes mbm - that is why i asked my question in the first place - i worked in IT for 12 years in the us and never heard "realization" used in conjunction with any of our projects - what is funny though is that sales can be realized

8. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Reading mbm's explanation, I would probably say it refers to a production team. People working behind the scenes, but essential to the operations of the team, and making sure the game goes off as intended.

9. meluzina

thnx for the explanations - i'll have to remember production team for certain contexts - as mbm said, realizacni team is used quite a bit (overused i think he said) - it is sometimes difficult to grasp the exact meaning...