CZ -> EN paragraph

Discussion in 'Vocabulary & Translation Help' started by tombp2004, Jun 26, 2007.

1. tombp2004

tombp2004 Member

Hi everybody,
    since 2 years i study abroad, like a foreigner this beautiful language, but sometimes i need some help yet, because some text are not clear for me.
    Could translate this sentences to English please somebody, bec. some parts are not clear for me:

Snazil se o mne porad, letme doteky, hladil me, musela jsem se drzet. Vim, jake to s nim byla hezke a i kdybych to udelala, nikdo to nikdy krome nas dvou nebude vedet. Ale nemohla bych se Martinovi uz nikdy podivat do oci. A ja bych s nim chtela zit, proste se musim drzet, on za to stoji a jeste k tomu, nas intimni zivot je krasny. Chvilkova zalezitost neni duvod rozbit tak krasny vztah.

It would be very much help the correct sense of this text, please somebody help me in it.

Dekuju za vsechno a pekny den :)

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Whoops, that is pretty complicated paragraph. Where you get it from? Sry I did not help you but it is too complicated for me to translate. But do not worry, somebody else from this forum will be here soon to help, as usually.

3. tombp2004

tombp2004 Member

could tell me the sense of "on za to stoji"?
    thank you

4. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

He is worth it.

:) You're welcome.

5. meluzina

meluzina Well-Known Member

Quick attempt:

Snazil se o mne porad, letme doteky, hladil me, musela jsem se drzet. Vim, jake to s nim byla hezke a i kdybych to udelala, nikdo to nikdy krome nas dvou nebude vedet. Ale nemohla bych se Martinovi uz nikdy podivat do oci. A ja bych s nim chtela zit, proste se musim drzet, on za to stoji a jeste k tomu, nas intimni zivot je krasny. Chvilkova zalezitost neni duvod rozbit tak krasny vztah.

He was always trying to gain my favour – with light touches and strokes – I had to hold myself back. I know how lovely it was with him and, even had I done it, no one would know other than the two of us. However, I could never look Martin in the eyes again. In addition, I would want to live with him. I simply have to hold myself back. He is definitely worth it and our intimate life is beautiful. A momentary incident (lapse?) is not a good reason to destroy such a beautiful relationship.

6. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member