Czech Interpreters Needed - Children's Games San Francisco

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by mong, Apr 23, 2008.

1. mong

mong New Member

Dear Members of MyCzechRepublic,

In the summer of 2008, the city of San Francisco will be hosting the 42nd annual International Children’s Games (ICG). The ICG, founded in 1968, was established to promote peace and goodwill through children and their involvement in athletics. From July 10 through 15, 2008, the San Francisco will welcome 1,500 athletes (ages 12 to 15), with their coaches and city officials, representing 100 cities and 50 countries. The athletes, both boys and girls, will put forth their personal best in basketball, golf, soccer, swimming, table tennis, tennis, track and field, and volleyball. This is an official Olympic event acknowledged by the International Olympic Committee. It is also endorsed by Mayor Gavin Newsom, California Senator Dianne Feinstein, Senator Barbara Boxer, Speaker of the House Nancy Pelosi, and other leaders of our country.

One of our biggest challenges will be in recruiting volunteers; especially Czech language interpreters. Hundreds of volunteer interpreters are needed to accommodate and assist in thousands of athletes, coaches, and mayors (of different cities from many countries).

Please take a look at our website (see profile) for more information on the event. Contact me at mattong@sficg2008.com if you have any questions.

Sincerely,
    Matthew Ong
    Interpreter & Liaison Volunteer Manager
    42nd International Children's Games SF 2008

2. gementricxs

gementricxs Well-Known Member

That sounds like an interesting project. How many Czech athletes are going to be there?

Maybe I can help a bit on the weekend. I'm going to be in that area at the time of the games, not exactly San Francisco though. I'm going to be in the East Bay Area, don't know where yet. I'm going to be working for a CollegeWorks Company there. I'm probably going to be working during the week, but I might be able to help you on the weekend.