Hello, from Lecce

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by zavorka, May 28, 2008.

1. zavorka

zavorka Well-Known Member

Hi everybody,
    I was encouraged to write, seeing other italians posting in this forum,
    hope to share news with the community
    my mother is Czech, and I speak "a little bit", can read and understand
    like food a lot, and cook, sometimes
    ciao
    Miro

2. Alexx

Alexx Well-Known Member

Ciao!

3. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Welcome :)

4. scrimshaw

scrimshaw Well-Known Member

Ciao, ahoj, vítáme vás.

5. Irena M

Irena M Well-Known Member

Welcome!

6. zavorka

Hello,
    thanks David, Irena, Katka and Alexx,
    it is my pleasure,

dekuji za Ceske pozdravy,

Irena, nice web page, I see they use Yuzu, on the JAL flies they have a drink that's a "must give it a try" I liked it a lot

some words about me
    one of my friends, Renato, lives in Paris, has worked with a czech Ivan (he did a nice group of wooden puppets for a play by Irina Brook,
    longtime ago (in the 90's) with other theatrants (Jean Michel, Ugo, Pippo) we had fun until late at night playing "Tappo", a kind of "Uno", only we used corks on a table, and the last who reach for, remained within,
    x players, x-1 corks
    so he had to pay and choose a penalty:
    1: to say something (a farwell to each one)
    2: to do something
    3: to kiss somebody
    4: to write an invented letter
    5: to leave the last wills
    and lastly the most terrific payment, to drink a cup of ALPA (it is like Ceska Lesenka, alcoholic extract of menthol/pine/eucalipt/canphora for external use), and great for helping digestion after too much foods...

we used to play UNO terribly modified by complicated rues. crazy..
    and went to friend's weddings with Mongolfier-like papier balloons, launching them free to fly in the air...

I like poetry, words, jokes, Kurt Vonnegut (his book Jailbird is my favourite)
    lot of stuff bought in Japan is is english (Irving, Fawles, Murakami, Carver) and, being compelled to use english for my work, now this allows me to enter in touch with all of you oversea, and especially to chat at parties with foreigners!!!
    ciao
    Miro

7. General Joy

General Joy Well-Known Member

Hi Miro, welcome to the board. :)

8. Irena M

You drank ALPA?! :shock: That's the stuff I use on my achy knees.

9. zavorka

well,
    that's the fun of the story...
    I was told that ambulance drivers used it to keep awake at night, we knew there was explicitely signed "only for external use"
    but since my brother -in-law felt better after drinking a little bit of alpa, due to heavy digestions (think about all the people who stand up all the day, or drive cars)
    all kind of akes!!!!
    we could not do such things now...
    ciao

Miro

10. Irena M

I guess it will cure what ails you, unless it kills you first. :lol:

11. zavorka

Irena,
    I agree with your quote...
    Francovka has a terrible taste, no need to say that.

in my top list of drinks, I have
    1st- single malt whisky
    2nd (as 1) calvados
    3rd grappa
    4th hungarian and czech spirits (slivovicz, but also cherry or prune)
    5th pacharan (a Blackthorn spanish spirit)
    6th gin, tequila, rhum depending on the drink...

of course, to mention the paper balloon hobby, it must be said that after launching the balloon, many may become molotov errating on the fields...
    here in the south, at the celebrations, they launch them with a flame that keep them flying far away...

so, every hobby has its potential side effects

you keep a nice web page, interesting flavours
    have you checked my blog?
    http://czechfood.blogspot.com
    it is bilingual, hope you may be interested
    Miro

12. Irena M

Next time I go to Prague, I'm getting some slivovice. :D

13. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

They sell it in Chicago and plenty of Polish stores. You might be able to find it around your area.

14. Irena M

I'm in Palm Springs. I wonder if it can be safely shipped?

15. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Good heavens! :roll:

Are you sightless already? That usualy happens to the people who likes methylated spirits.

And I guess you mean “Lesana”, not “Lesenka”. ALPA is not something like Lesana, Lesana is one particular brand of ALPA.

16. zavorka

it could have happened,
    fortunately it was so disgusting that we never used to have more than a tiny cup of it. And just by choice (sorted 1 of 6 possible actions)
    But for external use is effective...

Miro

17. Ark1tec

Ark1tec Well-Known Member

Hi, my name is ARK1TEC and I have jus' been to Italy. I went to Venice, Vicenza, Verona and Milan. What part of Italy are you from and why must you write in English, what do you do?
    And I'm out.

18. zavorka

Hi, Ark,
    I live in South Italy, Lecce, near Brindisi airport.
    I stayed four years in Verona city, and half a year in Vicenza, commuting every day for finishing my PhD at Medicine Faculty.
    English is our bible, every scientific article requires hard time and skills to adapt it to a language that is far from our ability. And when I lived in Japan, you know, the foreigner community is like a circle, everyone likes to feel at home and in a brotherhood feeling.
    my colleagues just came back from a congress in Verona (on wines) and there was the "Prima" of Aida at Arena...
    I went there just once, Cavalleria Rusticana and Pagliacci, with Placido Domingo...
    and at the Roman theatre in summer they play nice stuff, ballet, songwriters, once they had Byrne of Talking Heads... in 1993...
    if you have a chance, please have a look at my blog,
    http://czechfood.blogspot.com
    I try to post bilingual most of the talks,
    of course is not everything about czechish things...
    thnaks for the message!

Miro

19. Ark1tec

I have never been to south Italy and would like to see the archaeology remains that influenced the style of print by Gianni Versace, that he used.
    Unfortunately I did not see a performance at the arena in Verona.
    I am planning to visit Prague soon and after seeing the Czech sights will travel to the neighbouring countries particuarly Krakow in Poland as my grandfather was born there.
    You learnt medicine in english not italian this seems very strange, is it true?

20. Ark1tec

Yeah I like the poetry on your site. Today I got a collection of lyrics by Chuck D the black activist rapper from strong island Ifind his words very moveing. Have you heard Public Enemy?