Hello from UK

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by Ninuska, Aug 12, 2006.

1. Ninuska

Ninuska New Member

I made my first visit to CR in June this year, to visit Czech friends in Valašské Mezíříčí. I am ashamed that in UK little is known of this beautiful country outside Prague. I was asked if Val Mez had a good beach!!!! I am now an unofficial ambassador :)

Ninuška

2. laylah

laylah Well-Known Member

Hi Nina,

welcome to the community. Glad to hear you want to spead the word about CR. I'm not able to visit myself, but I'm trying to learn the language and culture, and who knows, one day I might be able to make that journey. :)

Laylah.

3. Ninuska

Ninuska New Member

Hi Laylah,

Put a visit to CR on your "to do" list. I can't wait to go back. And please, don't just stay in Prague, go to to Wallachia, visit the Museum at Rožnov pod Radhoštěm, lose yourself in the endless views over the Beskidy mountains. I'm 67, but it was the most magical experience of my entire life!

4. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Yea from England cheap flights.

:D

5. laylah

laylah Well-Known Member

Hi Nina,
    great to hear from you. I haven't come across the Beskydy mountains in my reading yet, so I'll be sure to look them up. I've been exploring (on line) the Sumava region in the south west. In fact, I'm trying to learn about all the hilly/mountainy regions because I like the clean air, although the cities are good for culture :)

na shledenou,

Laylah.

6. magan

magan Well-Known Member

laylah and Nina, you are so fortunate, that you can take advantage of cheep flights and it doesn't have to be your first and last trip.

7. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

I have travelled to Prague many times during 4 or so years and I always keep coming back for the culture and of course the beer!

:D