High Speed Internet in rural areas (Marianske Lazne)?

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by LittleNo, Apr 6, 2016.

1. LittleNo

LittleNo New Member

I inherited a small house in a small village near Marianske Lazne, which I'm renovating currently to be used as a weekend-home.

Unfortunately the fixed-line Internet-connections are the poorest possible. DSL with 2MBit/s and only 128KBit/s up.

Of course I understand the technical problems for network providers they have in rural areas with far distances. However, as it can be seen in the Scandinavian Countries, it's possible to solve that problems with Fibre to the Home technologies.

So I was wondering if there are any providers in the Cheb-Area offering fast Internet connections even in very small villages. Without being able to speak czech the google-search was not successful.

The best option I found was the LTE-offer from O2, however this is limited to 30GB of traffic per month which is not enough for a fixed line.

2. Zik

Zik Well-Known Member

Hello. So far I know the UPC focuses on high speed internet. You can check the availability on the website. It has an English version.
    http://www.upc.cz/en/

3. LittleNo

LittleNo New Member

thanks for your reply.

I was already in contact with UPC, but they have activities only in the big cities Prague and Brno.

4. Jeff

Jeff Well-Known Member

Hi Vic,

I am not familiar with any fixed line internet options in your area.

Have you looked at the offerings from T-Mobile? I see that they have a package for LTE internet - "Internet na doma" with a 100 GB monthly data limit.

https://www.t-mobile.cz/internet-na-doma

I did not see the plan listed on their English language pages.

5. LittleNo

LittleNo New Member

yep I found that a while ago. Unfortunately the T-Mobile LTE is not available at my home. I even can't finish the order-process on the T-Mobile website as soon I enter my full address.

The O2 LTE is available, but their largest offer is 30GB/month which is definately not enough.