I Desperately Need Help!

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by GaveMyHeart2ACzech, Nov 15, 2008.

  1. GaveMyHeart2ACzech

    GaveMyHeart2ACzech New Member

    Please read, I need help.

    My name is Taylor Harkness. I am a 20 year old U.S. Citizen. This Wednesday, my fiance (a Czech Citizen) was denied citizenship and thrown in jail. I have not been able to speak to him at all. We had no idea that this was going to happen and now he awaits a court date to appeal to a judge to determine if he'll be deported or not. I am trying to get things in order to move to Czech in case he gets deported (which is very likely). However, I have no idea where to begin. In the U.S. I am an Emergency Medical Technician. I work for the number one Emergency Medical Service provider in the entire United States and I am currently in Paramedic school. After that, I was going to go to Medical school to become a doctor. I have no idea how the Emergency Medical System works in Czech, but I need to start looking for a job. I speak a little Czech and I am teaching myself more. My fiance will be able to teach me once we are together and I will do anything to be with him. My whole life is in the United States, but I need to go where the most important part of my life is, and that's him. Please, I am begging someone, anyone to help me. I am so scared and so lost and as time goes on, I grow more and more worried. What can I do? Where can I work? Where can I go to school? If anyone has any information, please e-mail me at TrueMedic911@aol.com

    Please, spread the word and although you do not know me, I ask that you hold us in your prayers. I have never hurt so much before and I pray that he can stay in the United States and build a life with me like we planned. He had no idea, but I was about to buy our first house as a surprise, and I even have a puppy picked out for him for an early Christmas present.
  2. BMoody

    BMoody Well-Known Member

    Does the fact that you are both men have any bearing on it? I do not believe Florida allows gay marriage, and even if they did, I do not know if gay marriage in other states is anything more than a civil union.

    I'm studying law in England, so don't take my word as the gospel, but I think you have 0% chance of keeping your guy in the U.S.

    Keep in mind that your guy has EU citizenship. He can live in Germany, the UK, or in any other of the EU countries. Check www.usajobs.gov to see of any US federal hospitals in Europe you could work at. (Big ones in Germany.)

    You can always move to England and practice there with maybe a year or two more education? Also look into whether or not gay marriages in say the Netherlands means that the Czech Rep has to respect it. If they do, then you may want to stop in Amsterdam along the way.

    Good luck.
  3. eso

    eso Well-Known Member

    There is no gay marriage in Czech republic yet, but it's possible to have "registered partnership" - http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_unio ... h_Republic
  4. wer

    wer Well-Known Member

    Keep in mind that the four basic liberties of the EU are not granted to the Czech citizens despite they are EU citizens. Czechs are not generally allowed to work in Germany.
  5. BMoody

    BMoody Well-Known Member

    I do not know about Germany, but I know the UK is alright for Czech workers.
  6. GaveMyHeart2ACzech

    GaveMyHeart2ACzech New Member

    Thanks to everyone who has responded. I am still very lost, but your answers have helped a lot. My fiance was moved to another state in the U.S. called Texas (for those who don't know about U.S. geography, Texas is in the southern middle of the U.S. and we live in Florida, which is the most southeastern state in the U.S.). There, he awaits a court date to see if he can stay.

    Does anyone have any idea how the Emergency Medical Systems work in Europe?

    It would be of great help to know how I can work over there.

    Thank you again!
  7. BMoody

    BMoody Well-Known Member

    You will probably need to recertify in the country you are moving too. Could be between 1-3 years of more education. I do not believe you can just come over and practice, especially in the medical profession. If it was engineering or law, it might be different.

    Also, nothing is in English for professions... ever. Unless you are in the UK.

    Best bet is to apply to EMT/ nurse jobs run by the US government in Landstuhl, Germany. You probably will not be able to find medical related employment the Czech Republic without speaking Czech.

    You'd do alright in England. Elsewhere, you'll need to know the language. Good news though... all EU countries recognize "civil unions" of other nations so you will be able to get a work permit real easy. In England it is called the EEA Family Permit. Allows you to work, study, live... whatever for as long as you want. Only condition, you're guy has to have "a job". Could be an hour a week. No one cares.
  8. wer

    wer Well-Known Member

    Yes, HM’s Government regards the new EU members with more favour than the Bundesregierung.

    (∀ HM ∈ EU)(∀ Bd.-Reg. ∈ EU) :twisted:

    That could be problem for the Czech friend.

    There could be some medical related employment, there is a lot of clinics oriented on foreigners. But there is no chance in emergency, there is the knowledge of the Czech language a must.

    I second this, Britain seems be the best option for both of you. Or maybe Ireland.
  9. Ctyri koruny

    Ctyri koruny Well-Known Member

    I don't think gay couples have any rights whatsoever in Ireland yet. I don't know though, defiantly something to check out before thinking about making the move. Don't assume it's the same as Britain. I mean up until 1993 you could technically be arrested for holding hands with a member of the same sex in Ireland.

Share This Page