in need of words of lifting

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by ik, Nov 16, 2005.

1. ik

ik Active Member

hey guys, i am fond of y'all. this site has grown to become part of me. i look it everyday.

i have a problem and it's like all my joy has grown wings. i need some words of encouragement from any kind person.

do u know how it feels when you are close to your dreams and your disadvantages ste in to set you back.

i have been chasing this dream for three years now, and this time i felt i have finally made it, but it is the same old song."one step forward, three steps backward"

i urgently need someone to talk to

2. HampshireLad

HampshireLad Active Member

Don't give up ! I had this feeling for 5 years and I'm "coming through the clouds into the sun" right now, but it's been hard. The most important thing to remember is that you must have friends - without them you will struggle - and if they are true friends they will be there for you when you need them.

Best wishes, Peter

3. ik

ik Active Member

wow, thanks for relating your story with me. it made me feel like i should not relent in my effort of having a foreign degree as my first degree, even against all odds.

it is all about education. i went to the embassy last two week,that was the third time, to make an application for a student visa.

it was like all hell let loose when the consular rejected my documents.

i have already made up my mind to defer it till april. i would still have loved to be going by january.

your friend
    ik

4. HampshireLad

HampshireLad Active Member

Cool ! Hey, I'll bet April will be better - it should be a bit warmer also :D Let us know how you get on !