Kinder Surprise Eggs

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by eso, Mar 11, 2007.

1. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I found lately that USA is only country in the world, where chocolate Kinder Surprise eggs are banned due "choking hazard" reasons.

Is it really true?

[​IMG]

2. Ceit

Ceit Well-Known Member

I doubt that's the real reason, since we had Nestle chocolate eggs with little toys in them after the Kinder's were banned. There must be some kind of shady business stuff going on in the background. :x It is true that they can't be imported for sale though. There is a German import store near where my parents live that used to get them but now they can't. Back when airline security wasn't so stringent, tourists could bring them back on the plane; my father brought a case of about 50 eggs from the Netherlands several years ago, telling the customs people they were gifts and not for sale. :D

3. Kanadanka

Kanadanka Well-Known Member

they are readily available in Canada, in supermarkets, as well as drugstores

4. cech39

cech39 Member

yea man its B/S cuz those things are so good and i grew up with them and id love to have one bout now. Poopy country i cant wait to move back from amerika to czech

5. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kinder_Surprise

Yep. Never seen them here (what a shame). But you have to understand, that in the U.S., it's not just an issue of safety, but also an issue of avoiding unwanted lawsuits. Even though any rational adult should know better than to give something like this to an infant, not all adults are rational, and some here even think that the state or the manufacturing company should pay them for their stupidity rather than taking responsibility themselves for their own negligence. :evil:

6. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

Where there are mindless people, there are lawyers. Where there are lawyers, there are lawsuits. Where there are lawsuits, there is a payoff for mindless people who can't take responsibility for their actions nor think properly.

7. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

:lol: :lol: AMEN!

8. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

... and where there are lawyers, there are politicians who once were lawyers who write laws to benefit other lawyers.

9. geauxboy

Hmmmm! I stand corrected. That's a bit more to the point.

10. geauxboy

I found a hook up in Queens.

11. Ájík

Ájík Well-Known Member

I knew that a mafia finds a way.

12. geauxboy

More true than you know.

13. mvg76

mvg76 New Member

I actually just bought some Easter themed Kinder Eggs at the Economy Candy Store in the Lower East Side of NYC.