Late to Brno from Ruzyne on 01/01

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Malnik, Dec 29, 2004.

1. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Looking for suggestions...I arrive easyjet on 01/01 at 21:25 and need to get to Brno. Student Agency busses finish earlier and the others arent going at that time either. I'd hire a car but they say they will be closed.....anyone got any clues. I took a taxi once when the flight was late and it cost me £100. Can anyone give me numbers of car hire at the airport?
    thanks

Mal

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Not good idea, travelling on national holiday... :) There are two or three trains departing around midnight, but you still have to get to the station. Do you have many pieces of luggage? You could use public transport - 119 bus to "Dejvická", then 26 tram to "Hlavní nádraží". The trains depart 23:23 (Pannonia express) or 0:19 (Devín express) and arrive in Brno in three and half hours. If you miss them, you can take a 0:46 train to catch Devín in Česká Třebová :)

3. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Travel until 3am.....hmmm...perhaps when i was younger!!
    Are there any bargain hotels at the airport??
    Really appreciate your help here...i've used this flight before but never thought about the lack of transport until after i booked it!!!
    There is a moral here somewhere.
    Mal

4. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

You can hardly get to Brno before midnight even by car, if you arrive that late :)
    I recall seeing some "airport hotel" desk in the transit space, but don't know whethere it is "bargain". I suppose not, judging by the other airport prices.

5. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Postscript:
    I got to Prague at about 21:30, found a car hire mob open and got quoted 7500kr for car to Brno for 2 days. Decided to take the train
    Cedaz to station and after finding ticket office got ticket for 130kr. Had an interesting 2 hours waiting, not sure its a very safe place but amazing the places the trains go to.
    Went onto the platforms and had a walk around...think i've been watching to many old war movies,........i'm sure i heard the sound of marching boots....

Fantastic place and i hope they never redevelop it. Its just as you imagine...a forgotten place with trains to destinations i thought disapeared with the era of the plane.
    Pulled up on time in Brno after an uneventful trip except for the 6 police officers walking through the train at regular intervals...i wonder why?

I pay 12 pounds to get to London from here, its 40 minutes, its always late, its always dirty, its always a trauma if it will turn up. How can you do it so well for so little?
    Mal

6. strange_too

strange_too Active Member

I was thinking the same thing. My brother in law pays £000's a year to commute to London from Canterbury. Trains are always late and dirty. Also sometimes he does even get a seat!!

My train journey to and from Brno was great. Clean and on time!!

H