more observations

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by andrew the scot, Mar 25, 2005.

1. Thank u guys for your input, most helpful, we stayed in the smichov area prague 5., the shopping in the andel area is first class the carrafour supermarket supplying most needs . the Corleone ,italian pizzeria restaurant opposite the andel tram stops is very good, but if anyonewants to discover a real czech pub try,U bilieho lva,street na belidle, next door to the back doors club,, now guys its not a terribly posh place but you get staropramin to die for and excellent pub meals,, ok its full of locals . but twas our favourite relaxing drinking haunt, the menu is not in english, but we had fum experimenting,, and never had a bad meal.One piece of advice tho there are seats reserved for locals like the german stamtisch.but we liked the idea of the locals enjoying ther usual place to enjoy their food and drink.We stayed at the hotel Tiepolo which was fine, the 10 mins travel to town centre so easy with the excellent trams. sadly i heard more english spoken in the old town from the myriads of stag nighters, was really a pleasure to get back to smichov to mix with local people, However i realise that tourists do bring in much need money and i certainly intend boosting the local economy in the near future