moving back

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by Berkeley, May 4, 2006.

1. Berkeley

Berkeley New Member

Hello,

I will be moving back to southern Moravia, Brno, at the end of this year, so I hope to contact Americans in order to have chat in english from time to time.

2. fabik317

fabik317 Well-Known Member

That's really easy - the only thing you have to do is to get properly drunk on a friday night and then catch a so-called "rozjezd" (night bus lines specially designed to distribute drunk people from downtown pubs to their homes in the suburbs) at the main station. Whenever I enter one I hear at least the same amount of english as czech spoken by the people around me.

3. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

Great definition - I completely agree :)

4. kirstiefaye

kirstiefaye Member

Hello hello!

I'm a student in England and shall be moving to Brno for a year in September, in order to continue my studies in fine art. As yet I don't know anyone, so it would be lovely to meet some czech people, so that I can learn the beautiful language and make some friends!
    I hope you are well,

Kirstie x

5. dexta

dexta New Member

Hi a kind person directed me to this post as I had already posted something similar.

"Hi my company has recently moved me to Brno to work for a few years and I would love to meet some other expats or Czechs that are living in the city. Any help with learning the language would be greatly appreciated too! I could of course help you to learn English in return if you needed it.

I hope to hear from some of you soon as living here by myself is a bit daunting to say the least. Still, I did want a challenge...

Cheers,
    Alex"

I´m already finding it very difficult in communicating and although I´m determined to learn Czech I´d also love to meet some English speaking people. So if any of you fancy a drink I´d love to meet up.

Alexx

6. davy

davy New Member

Hi Alex

I yer still in Brno I am in the same situation - spent a couple of trips here (just 2 days at a time) and now in the Hotel Avanti whilst looking for apartment in town. If you have found any good places to go the I would appreciate hearing of them.

I am Scottish so my English is difficult for the locals, it will take me a wee while to pick up Czech although I have somebody who will teach me.

Many Thanks
    David :D