pets in prague

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Leah, May 17, 2006.

1. Leah

Leah Active Member

Since I plan on relocating to Prague with my dachshund and kitty, I was curious as to what is considered the 'norm' regarding pets in Prague - do most people have pets, and if they do what kind? Are most landlords accpeting of pets, or is it difficult to get an apt that allows pets? Do you think its easy or difficult to have a small dog in the city? We have dog parks and certain stores allow dogs inside - is there anything like that in Prague?

2. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Leah,

There's a whole discussion about this under the topic Czechs and dogs. Your pets will like it here. :)

By the way, you'll need a good pet supply store and I remember it took me a while to find my favorites after we moved here two years ago. The best selection of pet supplies I have found in Prague so far is at Pet Center. It's a chain and you'll now find them in every mall in Prague, e.g. at Nový Smíchov, Flóra, Metropole Zličín, etc. Another good place is the Zoo Bohouš pet shop at Rumunská 26 and Vladislavova 6 but I think both locations only sell over the counter.

Dana