Sigh :(

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by mariposablanca, Oct 13, 2004.

1. mariposablanca

mariposablanca Active Member

I wanted to thank everyone here for helping me learn some about the Czech Republic and some of the language. However, it seems the love I was after is unattainable. So now there's no reason for me to continue here learning more. Some other lucky woman has caught his eye and I'm out on my fanny.

So, thanks so much for your assitance, I really learned a lot and still the Czech Republic is a beatiful and wonderful place. Good luck to you all in the future. You are wonderful people :)

2. Sam Chen

Sam Chen Member

Hi mariposablanca,

It's sorry to hear about this. I understand your feelings. Yet, maybe it is too early to say goodbye here! Learning new language and different cultures is pretty fun no matter at the beginning what motivation you had to do this. Being in love with someone is a good reason to start it but you still can continue it even that has been away from you. You've opened a window of a new world and are you going to close it without taking some more closer looks? I know it's still different after losing the passion from the affair. However, I think there are still a lot of topics and people here worth learning and meeting. Just don't give up so quickly! :wink:

I am in a similar situation. My Czech girlfriend is leaving in two weeks and I have no idea of when we will see each other again. She is travelling and has stayed in Taiwan by one year. Yet I met her just one month ago. Of course the time is definitely less than enough to be with her. However, I don't feel like to ask her staying here longer because Taiwan is not a good place for her (pollution, she has been having problem with her health.) and I hope she is able to continue her travel.

Maybe some think it is nothing but a short-term affair. Yet, somehow she really means a lot to me. I think we have had some "connection" rather than "relationship." I came here firstly for her but now it's more like my own interest in this practice. I find out Czech is a nice place worth visiting someday and I hope I can speak in the language and get involved with the culture more than just a tourist. (I don't how good I can do but try my best.)

You just need some time to recover and I think you still can have a lot of fun here. Hope see you here again.

cheers,

3. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Sam Chen is right, Mariposablanca. The experience you have gathered during the relationship may come handy at some point in your life. At least you know where to go for holidays. :)

Be well,

Eva

4. Sova

Sova Well-Known Member

It's a sad day when our "white butterfly" flutters away. Hope you'll come back again sometime.

5. javanwolf

javanwolf New Member

Dear mariposablanca,
    I have had a similar situation happen with me. Two years ago, I met, worked with, and dated a wonderful czech man during the several months he first visited the US. He's now back in his native country with a really good job. It wasn't meant to be for us to be together as a romantic couple. We both see it and accept it, but it's much, much harder for me to deal with.
    After having our special relationship,I can't ever truely view him as just a platonic friend. I've asked him if I did anything culturally or otherwise that may have offended him. No response. I live in the USA and he, in a small town in the Czech Republic. Well, I went to Prague on a Studies Abroad Program (I've wanted to go to particularly central Europe for years, and I loved it!!) this past summer, and I visited him after almost two years. I believe I made a big mistake. This was last July, and I haven't heard a word from him since. No e-mail, nothing. This has crushed me so badly and is such a loss and the most painful kind of rejection to bear. I've had some of the best times in my life being with him!! He means a lot to me. (And it's bad enough to have to go through breaking up or losing someone like this as it is; let alone deal with a "disappearing act"!) It's worse than if he just went ahead and said something like: "it isn't in our best interests to be in contact, maybe." The problem is, that there was no reason for me to think that he would decide to end it this way!! It's the very WORST way he could've chosen!!! Indifference hurts the hardest of all.
    But I love the Czech culture and Central Europe alot!! I think about my summer trip all the time and miss it terribly. I even dream about it.
    I wish I was still there and want to go back as soon as I can afford it!
    Hang in there, Mariposablanca!
    :wink:

6. Eva2

Eva2 Well-Known Member

Hmm... That's a second defector just in this topic. Add to it other disappointed women we have heard from on this forum and a disquieting picture begins to emerge. Do Czech guys have a bad reputation? Men, what do you have to say for yourselves?

7. javanwolf

javanwolf New Member

Dear Eva2,
    It has nothing to do with him being Czech! And this is just an individual, isolated case and I have other Czech male friends.
    My gosh! You only heard a few cases like this! Please don't assume this is true for all.

8. mariposablanca

mariposablanca Active Member

You all made some very good points. Since I was (and still am) so broken hearted it never occured to me it would be okay to stay and continue to learn. Thank you for bringing that to my attention :)

Javanwolf, I totally know what you mean about not being able to have a platonic relationship with him. That's what my guy wants. I don't know if I'm capable of it but I still do want him in my life so I think I'm just going to have to learn to adjust. I certainly won't be able to handle hearing things about his new relationship, unless of course it's news that they broke up :lol: His name day is coming up this month too, so I'm gonna send him a card so he knows that he is still important to me.

He is the only czech person I have ever met, but I would assume it's not a czech thing to do this. I've had similar things happen to me from mexican men and american men. I think it's just a guy thing :p

Anyway, I appreciate the support and I will continue to participate here. I think you all are wonderful people and I really learning about the Czech Republic, the language and culture. Although, I think I'll just take a break for a bit and wait until my heart is somewhat healed. Right now, everything here reminds me of him and how much I miss him.

Thanks again everyone for your kind words. I look forward to getting to know you all better :)