Teaching business English in Czech Republic

Discussion in 'Expat Life' started by ken, Jan 6, 2005.

1. ken

ken New Member

Looking for advice re: teaching business english in Czech Republic, not necessarily Prague. I am rather befuddled by the plethora of TEFL, TESOL etc, distance-learning vs course attendance, bogus vs proper language schools. I have PhD (not in Business), am Proprietor/Managing Director of own firm in UK (20 years). Am conversant in Czech. I wish to teach Business English. Is there a demand? outside of Prague? How crucial is the TEFL, TESOL, CEFL etc? Distance learning vs class attendance course? Bewildered Czechophile

2. KJP

KJP Well-Known Member

I have heard very bad things abou the TEOFL classes here. 4 weeks cant teach you much, best is to get it there in the UK, where you actually learn something. Here it is a give me money, I give you paper scam...it qualifies you for very little.

Business English outside of Prague....possibly Brno, or the larger cities with an established business base, but mostly Prague

3. Suniskys

Suniskys Active Member

You most likely won't be able to teach without a TESL or TEFL certificate. I'm not sure what the schools are like there that offer it. I would get TESL or CELTA over the other ones. They are recognized around the world and would let you teach in other places as well.

4. luck of the irish

luck of the irish New Member

ken, how did you get on i would be interested to hear? i live 30 mins from prague and was offered very good money to teach business english (even though i have no teaching experience what so ever) i too am a proprietor/Managing Director of own companies for 15 years.