toyota dealer in CZ

Discussion in 'Miscellaneous (Czech-Related)' started by AxeZ, Sep 6, 2007.

1. AxeZ

AxeZ Active Member

I am interested in buying new Toyota Rav4 SUV. Since it is expensive as hell here where I live I was thinking about buying it in CZ.
    My search didn't produce usefull results so I am asking nice people here.

What is good Toyota car Dealer in CZ?
    Anyone knows about the price of Rav4?

Thank you.

2. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Toyota Motor Czech, the exclusive dealer for the CR?
    This is a price list. It is in Czech, but I guess you can understand the technic specifications. The prices are including 19% VAT.

3. AxeZ

AxeZ Active Member

Thank you very much.

4. AxeZ

AxeZ Active Member

Bummer, they are not cheaper in Czech......how come one Rav4 can cost 25.000 $ in USA and 30.000 EUR in fucking Europe.

It doesn't get to me....

5. eso

eso Well-Known Member

supply and demand ;)

6. Dana

Dana Well-Known Member

Competition, quantity of cars sold...

7. GlennInFlorida

GlennInFlorida Well-Known Member

maybe take a look at something like the Nová Škoda Fabia - runs between $12,500 and $25,000 (USD) base price.

8. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

You mean there's so high demand for this car here in CZ that it drives its price up? :wink:
    Maybe import duty and VAT (I guess transportation expenses are not that important)? And this is not just cars, similar differences in price are e.g. in electronics.

9. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Well, I think it's not so easy.

For example if only one customer in country wants to buy specific product, will manufacturer sell it to him for minimal price? I don't think so.

There are of course some import taxes in EU, but competition of European car makers is already very high and market is very tough.

Many "Asian" cars in USA are in fact manufactured in US factories.

Another thing is (by my opinion), that in Czech republic many people still see Asian cars as substandard.

10. Petr_B

Petr_B Well-Known Member

Depends on what you consider to be "An Asian Car". I think Japanese cars like Mazda have generally very good reputation here. On the other hand, the Korean ones (Hyundai, Kia) are often frowned upon. I don't think I ever saw any Chinese manufactured car here, but this might change soon.

This article (in Czech) compares prices of same cars in different European countries (of course, prices are probably affected by a VAT rate varying among countries) - and it seems cars here are rather expensive, when compared to some other countries.