VISA vs. Mastercard in Czech Republic?

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Ink4u2, Apr 25, 2007.

1. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

I will be coming over to the Czech Republic in July for 2 weeks to help teach at an English language camp...which credit cards are most easily and widely used in Prague please?

2. eso

eso Well-Known Member

I believe it's equal - mostly both, if place accepts card.

And ATMs are everywhere.

3. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

Thank you so much Eso! I appreciate your help! If I have other questions, regarding my trip, may I contact you?

4. eso

eso Well-Known Member

Yes, of course.

5. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

Could you tell me what the weather is typically like in July as we will be outside Prague teaching at an English Camp then? I would appreciate you telling me in Fahrenheit if at all possible because I am unfamiliar with the Celsius scale...sorry!

6. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

I would like to know how the middle aged women dress for casual camp type activities over there...are shorts acceptable attire? Should they be knee length or is it expected of women that age to wear dressier clothing in public?

7. Karel_lerak

Karel_lerak Well-Known Member

In July the sommer is in its high period here (continental climate), but nights might be already cold (lowest about 8 C = 46 F). Ususally the weather is sonny, but rains or storms may happen (umbrella recommended :) ).
    Mean air temperatures are about 19 Celsius (66 F) with maxima about 35 C (98 F).
    In the land the weather is milder, and in the mountains (over 1000 m) by 5-10 C (9-18 F) colder.
    The weather this year is not very typical, the April is hot and dry (opposite to normal wet and colder). It's difficult to say what will happen in July.

Temp in Fahrenheit = 32 + 9/5 * Temp in Celsius

8. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

Once again I thank you! You've been most helpful! I leave work for the day now...Good bye!

9. eso

eso Well-Known Member

People have no problem in Czech society with legs exposing. :)

I didn't seen many woman in shorts though. Short skirts yes, but shorts are rare. I don't know why - maybe it's fashion thing? But for example here - http://www.bonprix.cz/bc/shop.htm?cat=1.10.368 - they offer many types of shorts. So I'm probably wrong.

Anyway - I believe, that you will have no problems in shorts at camping.

10. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

That's great and helpful...I like to wear the longer shorts and i will be teaching English to teens over there when I go and it'll be a camp setting and quite informal for the most part.

11. alenastef

alenastef Well-Known Member

Really no problem with shorts in summer camps.

12. Ink4u2

Ink4u2 Active Member

Thank you so much! :)