Wanted: The Mother Of All svickova Recipes

Discussion in 'Food & Drink' started by cocheese, Sep 7, 2007.

1. cocheese

cocheese New Member

Hi All,

Ok so you all my laugh at me but I confess I'm your typical stupid American.

I was in Czech Republic for a month and was staying with a couple of Czech friends. They're grandmothers all made me svickova and i went crazy for more. Could anyone please give me a great recipe for this?? I'm talking the kind where it takes 3 days supposedly and has good ingredients..

My problem is all the people I stayed with couldn't cook and they spoiled me with the grandmother who can't speak english to tell me what she did.

Thanks for ANY help at all.. I greatly appreciate all versions of recipe's.. and make sure to mention any details you would think i know - because i don't.

Frank

2. cocheese

cocheese New Member

Oh yes,

I remember it was the sauce that was the hard part that i loved most. It was a dark reddish color.

3. wer

wer Well-Known Member

Use the “Search Forums” option in the yellow bar above. Search for “svickova” preferably. It is one of the most common topics :wink:.

4. cocheese

cocheese New Member

I like this but could anyone tell me which is their favorite version?? this is my problem..