#1 Praha fan

Discussion in 'Introductions' started by geauxboy, Jan 24, 2007.

1. geauxboy

geauxboy Well-Known Member

Hey all, I'm glad I found this site.

I went to Praha Oct 06 with my brother and had such a great time. I must admit that I was unaware of how many different beers are brewed in Czech Rep and Slovakia. And this is coming from a beer snob that has tried well over 500 different beers. I can barely choke down most American beers. Enough of my snobery.

I had just come from Munich and Budapest before coming to Praha. I had a great time trying all the different German beers (which are my favorite), but I had a MUCH better time in Praha. It was such a delightful surprise to find that there are so many beers there. Needless to say, I went all out and tried every beer I could find. Ah, UNpasturized beer.

Krusovice and Kozel dark were my favorite followed by the entire Primator family.

Thankfully, I live (Astoria, Queens) literally right around the corner from the oldest beer hall in America and it happens to be Czech, and they have Krusovice light and dark on tap.

I'm glad I found this site and I look forward to my return trip in July.

2. dzurisova

dzurisova Well-Known Member

Welcome. I'm glad you enjoyed the beer so much. :lol: Did you know that Czech Republic is the largest beer consuming nation in the world. I guess you can understand why now. :wink:

3. doman

doman Well-Known Member

To je pravda. It's true ! I prefer Czech beer too :lol: