Anyone here from a beautiful city of Cambridge, UK?

Discussion in 'Make a Connection' started by marketa137, Jun 23, 2005.

1. marketa137

marketa137 Member

Hi there! :D

I am a Czech living and working in Cambridge, UK. Just wondering if there is anyone from here living in the same area. Also, should you be interested in practising Czech language, please let me know. I quit teaching some time ago and now i find myself quite missing it. :wink:

2. FierceKitty

FierceKitty Well-Known Member

I used to study there, but now I live in Brno. Sorry. Please go and have a meal at the Gardenia restaurant in King's Passage for me.
    Alexander.

3. silverkinguk

silverkinguk Well-Known Member

Hi,
    Ya interested in learning more czech but I live in London.
    If you like send me pm.

:D

4. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

Ahoj Marketa

Was borne and brought up in Cambridge but unfortunately I now live in Leeds.

Great pity as I am trying to teach myself Czech, so your help would have been very useful!!!!!!!!!!1

Hope you have a great time and that you meet someone who can help

Mike

5. marketa137

marketa137 Member

Heya!

Thank you all for your response and my sincere apologies for the late reply. Unfortunately, i do not have many possibilities to spend more time than just a few minutes at work on the internet, so what i am after is someone who literally lives in Cambridge and so is free for a coffee from time to time.
    Mike, a beautiful city to be born in! Personally, I love it here - except the weather. To me it's freezing! - long sleeves most of the time. That's really not what i expect from summer :(

But many thanks to you all again, anyway. :wink:

6. mike_jtw

mike_jtw Well-Known Member

Ahoj Marketa

Thats OK just wish you all the best for your time in Cambridge.

I was in your home town for athletics competition in June and it was wet and cold so I think weather has been better over here.......lol

Mej se bajecne

Mike

7. marketa137

marketa137 Member

Sorry to hear about the weather. You must have been really unfortunate, though. :wink:

8. EdBray

EdBray New Member

Ahoj! Its so nice to hear of a czech speaker in Cambridge, I'm a student there, but I'm leaving now to go to Germany to study for a year. I come to Cambridge still sometimes, but I will be back for a year of study from September 2006. Will you still be in Cambridge Marketa? I used to go to czech often when I had a special friend there;-) but now my links are cut, I'm still learning the language and hoping to go back, would be so nice to meet you in Camb!
    Ed