Bus from airport to centre

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by Hayley, Sep 5, 2004.

1. Hayley

Hayley New Member

Hi,

I'm travelling to Prague in October and would like to know approximately how long the No. 119 Bus from Ruzyne airport takes to get to Dejvicka metro station.

Also, are the bus drivers likely to speak english so that I can buy my ticket on board (I want a three day public transport pass)? Or am I best off buying it from one of the machines I have heard about in the airport?

Thanks

2. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

It takes about 20 minutes. You can find any Prague connections here.

As for the tickets - I don't know if you can buy any tickets on board, but almost certainly not a three day pass. Use the automatons (instructions are also on the web mentioned above), or I would try the airport news stands - the personnel there is very likely to speak English.

The three day ticket costs 200,- CZK and is valid for exactly 72 hour after marking it in a vehicle (don't forget this, the ticket is invalid unless marked. The fee for traveling without a valid ticket is 400,-)

P.S. I just found out - your best choice might be the Travel information centre (Informační středisko) in the arrivals hall of Ruzyne airport. They speak English, can give you infromation (maps etc) and do sell three day tickets. Opening hours: 7 a.m. - 10 p.m.

3. Hayley

Hayley New Member

Thank you ever so much for replying, very helpful.