buying the 7 day bus/tram pass at the airport

Discussion in 'Travel Tips & Advice' started by ceduna, May 2, 2005.

1. ceduna

ceduna Member

:shock:
    Hi
    Does anybody know if you can buy the 7 day public transport pass at the airport after 21.00.
    How much would a taxi from the airport to the Strahov hostel cost for 4 people with back packs?

thanks a lot

bi

marie

2. chazzauk

chazzauk Active Member

you could probbaly buy one from a machine within the airport, if the kiosk is closed, not certain on that though. Wouldn't trust the taxi's. At worst use Cedaz minibuses.

3. Malnik

Malnik Well-Known Member

Cedaz minibus is 760Kr last time we used it at Christmas. Thats 4 people anywhere in town.
    Or AAA taxis - they will be cheaper, if you want the number let me know and i'll get it from my wifes mobile!!! Prob about 450Kr. You must ring them in the baggage hall and they will give you a taxi number of a taxi in the airport area so its waiting when you comer out.

4. To the right of the station exits there are booths selling travel tickets .

24-hour pass: 70 Kč
    3-day pass: 200 Kč
    7-day pass: 250 Kč
    15-day pass: 280 Kč
    I WOULD STRONGLY ADVISE BUYING, AS WE SAW MANY PEOPLE FINED FOR NOT HAVING A CURRENT TICKET, THESE TICKETS COVER ALL FORMS OF PUBLIC TRANSPORT, BUT REMEMBER TO HAVE THEM STAMPED INSIDE THE TRAM ON YOUR FIRST USE,THERE ARE SMALL MACHINES INSIDE THE TRAM WHICH U MUST PUT YOUR TRAVEL TICKET IN TO BE ACTIVATED. HOPE THIS HELPS., I would strongly advise you avoid packed trams ..i had my wallet lifted . put money safely in indide pockets at all times,, but loved the city,, hope u have a lovely time,,GREETINGS FROM SCOTLAND

5. ceduna

ceduna Member

:lol:

thanks for your advice

Marie