Cell Phones

Discussion in 'Culture' started by Glickesq, Aug 28, 2004.

1. Glickesq

Glickesq Member

I have a cell phone which functions on the GSM system used throughout Europe and which takes a removable SIM card. When I'm in Sweden I can purchase a SIM card for use in that country and simply reload it with time as I need.

Does anyone know if the same can be done in the Czech Republic and, if so, where can I purchase one?

2. nikdo

nikdo Well-Known Member

Yes, you want to buy a prepaid card (předplacená karta). All three mobile services providers in the Czech republic (Eurotel, T-Online, Oskar) sell them in their shops as Go, Twist and Oskarta, respectively. I recommend Oskarta - you can find more information at http://www.oskarmobil.cz/en/index.php

3. Halef

Halef Well-Known Member

4. Glickesq

Glickesq Member

Thanks for your input. I am really looking forwad to this trip. I have not been in the Czech Republic and really don't know what to expect. It really is a hastily arranged, last minute thing.

I know I have no real chance of learning enough of the language to make myself understood in it and certainly not to understand any responses should I be able to utter an understandable phrase in Czech. So I am hoping that English is enough to get by on for my trip.

Steve

5. Emperor

Emperor Member

All you need is two words... Pivo and WC... after a few Pivos the language barrier seizes to exist.

6. Glickesq

Glickesq Member

I got the Wc part. What does Pivo mean?

7. Emperor

Emperor Member

Pivo = Beer
    WC = Washroom, almost all the countries in Europe will use this.

8. Glickesq

Glickesq Member

Now I got it!
    And of course, one follows the other in natural progression.
    Input of Pivo requires outlet of WC.